Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II exec.

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
i recon taking the strips of it looks awsome

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
i was thinking of removing the strips, but the bloke at the panel and paint store reckons it ruins the internal door structure or something like that. is this true?

also how much effort would be required to do it myself?

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
It takes awhile...prolly 2-3 hours on each side depending on how much sikiflex is left after the strips are off. I did mine with a caramel wheel last week...looks great!

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
i was thinking of removing the strips, but the bloke at the panel and paint store reckons it ruins the internal door structure or something like that. is this true?

i would say not because the fact that they arnt actually verry strong

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2

no, he just cant be ****ed cause its a pain in the ass job and probably doesnt want to scratch ur car in the process and then have to paint the whole door for you

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
no, he just cant be ****ed cause its a pain in the ass job and probably doesnt want to scratch ur car in the process and then have to paint the whole door for you

yeah thats probably true. is there anywhere that would wanna do it do you reckon? i dont really have the time or patience to do 3 hours each side.

also UPDATE ON THE CAR:
Stoked finally got myself a set of nice wheels. Some 18" Advanti black vienna's and got em for a steal. Ill post pics tomorrow!!!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
should look good mate, as for the door strips, you would be better off doing it yourself because the time it would take a body shop to do it you"ll be paying out the ass for labour costs

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
heres a pic of the rims. stoked i finally got rid of the stockies. got these at a fairly good price 2nd hand thanks to the boys at tyrepower in osbourne park.

Theyre 18" Advanti Vienna's, black mesh with a polished lip.

next few months hope to get an exhaust or get it lowered. but for now i can at least cruise around.

Before:

After:

im stoked on how its coming along

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Good job mate...cars looking sweet! Yea i got quoted $700 from a bodyshop to do the strips...f*** that lol. I did them myself for less than $30...takes time though as iv said