Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is 100km per hour too fast for sealed country roads ?

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Monash University study finds three out of four drivers believe 100km/h is too fast
THREE in every four drivers think 100km/h is too fast for country speed limits and have voted for a cut to 90km/h, a study has found.

The Monash University study of 4100 drivers - 1175 in South Australia - has been a breakthrough for road safety experts, who have battled the unpopularity of speed limit reductions.

Adelaide University centre for automotive safety research Professor Mary Lydon welcomed the results which showed, finally, a trend towards acceptance of lower limits by the driving public.

She said until recently, the major difference between the motoring public and road safety experts was the need for speed reduction.

More info check this link Monash University study finds three out of four drivers believe 100km/h is too fast | Adelaide Now

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i believe 1 in 4 drivers are idiots then, problem is the government would likely listen to those 1 in 4 as opposed to the 3 in 4 that think it should be higher.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
I'd be interested to know how much these people were paid to say cut the limit, adn if they weren't paid, how long they've lived ina retirement village

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think it is too slow.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I love manipulating stastics :)

Now for something just as stupid
(100% of males surveyed said they had never experienced child birth)

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I think it's too slow and we'll see a rise in people falling asleep with boredom. Our freeways should be at least 130K with speed changes in lights when the roads are congested.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I love manipulating stastics :)

Now for something just as stupid
(100% of males surveyed said they had never experienced child birth)

Depends on how you interpret the word "experienced";) I was there in the room doing all the stuff you're supposed to do as a support person for my wife/sons. So can I say I experienced childbirth?

Edit: And the first one was 36hours in getting his arse out!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Depends on how you interpret the word "experienced";) I was there in the room doing all the stuff you're supposed to do as a support person for my wife/sons. So can I say I experienced childbirth?

Edit: And the first one was 36hours in getting his arse out!
Experienced = You had a baby in you for 9 months and then gave birth, anything else and you were just a bystander, not experiencing it.

Get back under your bridge.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Depends who they asked, a lot of city dwellers get scared on country roads, but if you live in the country 100 is fine. At night 90 is better if you don't want to run over Koalas but in the day time 100 or 110 is no problem on just about any road. Anyway lucky South Australians don't influence our laws or we would be all up the **** right :p