Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ricer of the day

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
yeah the VRX's are still very nippy but not the top of the range.

I must say though for ride quility and id say speed aswell the magna beats the v6 commodore range. They are also very reliable and great on fuel for what there engine size is. top car :D

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah the VRX's are still very nippy but not the top of the range.

I must say though for ride quility and id say speed aswell the magna beats the v6 commodore range. They are also very reliable and great on fuel for what there engine size is. top car :D

lol, have you ever owned a magna??? that crap could not be further from the truth, we bought a magna and a vs commodore in 97, we are now up to our third magna which is falling to pieces, the vs was sold last year in beautiful condition, thank god we didnt fork out the cash for a 380,

but to be honest if the ralliart magna came out in AWD i would of bought one before i bought my first sv6, thank god i didnt

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
lol, have you ever owned a magna??? that crap could not be further from the truth, we bought a magna and a vs commodore in 97, we are now up to our third magna which is falling to pieces, the vs was sold last year in beautiful condition, thank god we didnt fork out the cash for a 380,

but to be honest if the ralliart magna came out in AWD i would of bought one before i bought my first sv6, thank god i didnt

I currently own a ralliart magna mate. Well i dare say you don't look after your cars? no car falls to peices.. unless the owner neglects it.

comparing a 2002 super 6 commodore with a 2002 ralliart magna (both are around the same price range!) the magna destroys it in every way.. although i do love my commodores :)

Everyone knows the build quility on commodores are fairly poor compared to other car company's. Even the VE's feel very "plastic" inside the cabbin

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
I currently own a ralliart magna mate. Well i dare say you don't look after your cars? no car falls to peices.. unless the owner neglects it.

comparing a 2002 super 6 commodore with a 2002 ralliart magna (both are around the same price range!) the magna destroys it in every way.. although i do love my commodores :)

Everyone knows the build quility on commodores are fairly poor compared to other car company's. Even the VE's feel very "plastic" inside the cabbin

your right the magna doesnt get looked after no where near as much as the other cars/bikes in the family, but for an average car that gets driven everyday, its falling apart
dont get me wrong, i like mitsubishis, ive owned a lancer as well, great car never had a problem in the ~100k kms i owned it, but magnas are just ****, they use oil, the timing chain just gets noisey way too early, the interior falls to pieces, the exhaust heat shields rattle,

btw my arguements are based on nothing to do with how fast they go, there 6 cyclinders not race cars

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
Did all this get sparked over that fugly magna I posted a pic of?

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
Lol, Thats golden, how do you upset a magna fan in a forum named "Just Commodores"?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
fwd produce more power on paper because there's less drivetrain to lose it in. Remember, power of an engine is theoretical calculated from forumlaes as a result of the measure of force (torque). The standard method of measuring that force isn't an exact science, either, there are many variables which aren't correctly calculated and the consistency between measurements is almost non-existant.

what was I on about again???...... oh yeah...

Some Magnas would be a good daily drive if they were RWD with a decent 6speed manual.

Chris_Rado_Scion_tC.jpg
for better FWD downforce?!?!? lol