Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED HELP with leaving school! advice please!

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
Hi!

So, I want to leave school. That's about it. I feel it's not much use to me anymore and I'm ready to go off into the big wide world!

Now, time for you to help!
I need reasons to give my parents, so that I can convince them to let me drop out.
I'm 16 and halfway through year 11 and currently going to a private school.

Been thinking and I think I want to go into something to do with cars! Whether it's mechanic stuff or what, I just love it all!

Thanks in advance!
Tyson

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
My greatest advice. Don't become a mechanic. You have hardly anytime at school left, why waste it? The best 2 years can be had in yr 11 and 12. And it will look alot better, no matter how you finish in your hsc, if you have finished yr 12.

Scido

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman Caprice / VY Storm
Stay in school bro

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
BUT I HATE SCHOOL! :(

I would much rather be making money and doing something useful..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi!

So, I want to leave school. That's about it. I feel it's not much use to me anymore and I'm ready to go off into the big wide world!

Now, time for you to help!
I need reasons to give my parents, so that I can convince them to let me drop out.
I'm 16 and halfway through year 11 and currently going to a private school.

Been thinking and I think I want to go into something to do with cars! Whether it's mechanic stuff or what, I just love it all!

Thanks in advance!
Tyson

As a person who has employed hundreds of people over the years and about 20 at the minute - GET YOUR YEAR 12!!!!

I whole heartedly support the idea of doing what you love as a vocation. You spend way too much of your life at work not to enjoy it (at least most of the time). The thing is that getting your HSC (or whatever it's called in your state) opens **sooooo** many doors it's not funny. Not to say you can't get what you want without it however the effort will repay itself in spades when you get to the end.

Reaper

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
I don't think any of you remember what assignments are like!

My problem is that I have no motivation for staying at school and doing well, I'm just getting into trouble for fu**ing around!

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
I only left in 07, yr 11 and 12 was the best yrs of skol you have ya mates there, u get ya ps and can drive around in your frees, yer the assignments can be hard but there getting your ready for the real world and real problems, and most employers will employ yr 12 over a yr 10 dropout, should see if you can do a school based traineeship get out there working and stil at school

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
mate i only finished year 12 a couple of years ago, and i wish i could go back.
no matter how hard or boring you think school is, you realise once its over that school was actually pretty sweet and a lot easier than you think.
5 days a week u just have to get up, get to school, hang out with your mates all day and sit through a few classes, do an assignment every now and then... its the life!

plus, completing year 12 looks so much better to any employers.

mayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VTII
things will be much worse for you if you leave school now, count on that.

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
I only left in 07, yr 11 and 12 was the best yrs of skol you have ya mates there, u get ya ps and can drive around in your frees, yer the assignments can be hard but there getting your ready for the real world and real problems, and most employers will employ yr 12 over a yr 10 dropout, should see if you can do a school based traineeship get out there working and stil at school

private school, they don't let us drive to school!

what do you mean by a school based traineeship? like.. explain it a bit :)