Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Discontinued brands of food, what were your favorites that aren't available anymore?.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hoadley's White Knights - choc coated peppermint bar. Hoadleys sold out yonks ago and took a lot of old familiar names with them
Threepenny Cadbury and Nestle choc bars. They'd be about a buck these days, but they were nice and cheap for the folks to shut the kids up with.
Multiple assorted lollies in boxes along about three shelves in local stores. The lollies cost as little as 8 for a cent (bullets) and for ten cents, you had a feast.
Big Ben meat pies, when they were the real thing. Square, large and a real meal. Nothing better than a couple of Big Bens with dead horse and a schooner.
(Most of these memories date from the 60's, although the pies and beer went well into the 80's before Big Bens were bought out and turned to crap.)

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Commodore Acclaim.
The 1c and 2c lollies you could buy at the deli back in the day. I used to buy $2 of like choc buds or fruit sticks or jelly babies and youd walk out with a bag load that youd scoff down and feel like you get your moneys worth. Now you buy stuff like that for like 3 for 20c or like at the cinemas for $10 for like 200gms.
Old taste of Coke.
Tab.
Hubba Bubba that the taste would last for hours, now it lasts for 5 minutes.
Big Companies Suck.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Dude, Schweppes cola was produced after Schweppes lost the contract for Pepsi.

Do you mean Schweppes lost the contract then produced there cola then won it (Pepsi license back) and discontinued it? because as far as I know pepsi is as of this day made by cadbury Schweppes in oz.

MHO Schweppes cola was terrible, LA Cola was better
beer%20chug.gif

fair enough, I "may" hate it as an adult now, but I would like the option back.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Just thougt of another one from days gone by. Potato scallops for 2 cents each! Cheapest lunch ever invented. 20 cents fed all your mates. Nowadays, they are nearly a buck each. Ouch!

DarkVR

Shizzle
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
Not Discontinued as such .

Reese's Pieces & Dr Pepper and Cherry coke

And now im gonna go make cheese bread , sizzlers used to be awesome just for that :p:p:p

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
EXACTLY. They sell them at the servo, and I swear everytime I get suckered into, maybe this packet will be better, nope. Just no the same. They were called Samboy Savage or something the good ones.

Also I havent seen Tastey Jacks around in ages

those (savage) are the ones with the extra kick sachets, oh they were nice ah.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Cherry coke an dr pepper :(
Thanx for reminding me lol

But as long as no one messes with ICE BREAK then the guns can stay burried haha

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
try coke in a glass bottle. great! but they get in the way my mates short shifter in his ef, and tumble on to the floor :( i reckon fanta is ####ed these days too.

what about the drinks called oasis?