Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who hit my car??

Richo923

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2 UTE
As a new member to Just Commadores and a new owner of a Series II VE SV6 UTE, have to say I couldnt be happier with the ute, how ever what has seriously P#**ED me off is that after comming back to my car, which I had parked in the (what looked like) safest spot in a near empty car park, I found that someone had very nicely opened their door onto the side of my UTE causing what I would call severe damage/dents, and no they didnt leave a note and im damn sure they must have known tehy had done it as I was only away from the car for 15 mins and the offender wasnt parked next to me anymore..... I'm currently waiting for the panel beater to come take a look to see if it can be repaired or if its going to cost me big bucks...Makes me wonder why I work to save to buy nice things if someone else is just going to come along and ruin it.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Sorry to hear mate, It sucks big time, I know when the old man had the VY SS, Was mint condition and he loved it so much, but we were forever worrying is it ok when in a car part. After 2 years nothing happened to it thank god before we sold it. Like the other day, i backed into a trolly because some dick head was to lazy to put it back the trolly bay 5 meters away.
So yeah i think if i ever save im going to keep the car i have, Work it, not give a rats arse what it looks like, but have a fully worked V8 LS1 with GTS interior or something.
People have no respect for any ones property, a few months ago someone pushed a trolly into my Mrs VR, mrs had a go and they just turned around and said its not even a good car and drove off, mrs did not catch the number plate, wish she did cause just report it and then they would be in a world of pain, damaging property and leaving the seen with no details, The person drove off in a Mazda CX-7, So if i smashed that cause i think they are a POS would that be fine ?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
that sucks mate, but its usually always the safest spot you think, that the damage happens :(

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
gives new meaning to daily and to weekend hack

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
I didnt do it

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Maybe you should let one of these Paintless Dent Removers (PDR) have a look at it, that way you don't have the hassle of repainting, my daughters Mazda 3 got caught in that big hail storm earlier in the year, must have had close to a 100 dents in it, all fixed by the PDR guys, brilliant job and you would never know it had been damaged. I have a very good eye for detail, I was into the restoration and concourse scene many years ago and I went over the car thoroughly and it was perfect not a mark on it. I would seriously let one of those guys have a look at it, unless of course the paint has been damaged and needs to be repainted.

Richo923

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2 UTE
yeah its a paintless dent remover thats comming in the new 14 days, policy i took out is that it will cost me $55 to get the repair done no matter what it is, so at least it should be that bad on the old wallet,

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Nah it wasn't me either! But two days ago someone scraped right down the side of my girlfriend's new car in a carpark, then went without leaving a note or anything. And when I say right down the side I mean all the way down the door, rear quarter and on to the rear wheel!! I can't see how anyone with any conscience can damage another person's car and not give a s**t about it. Makes me so bloody angry!!!

Another time a woman scraped my car while I was sat in it, then when I jumped out and said "Hey you hit my car", she told me she didn't and would not believe me although there was damage to both cars!

IMO third party property insurance should be mandatory and you should not be able to renew your rego without it in any state. Not as if it costs a lot either.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I was sitting in the car eating some lunch the other week, when a lady pulled up next to me, and opened her door into my car. She must not have realised i was in there, maybe due to the tint she couldn't see me on an over cast day.

Anyway's i opened the door and got out, and she was all shocked and oh, oh, i think i might have opened my door into your car. I said i don't think you might have i know for sure that you just did. I told her i wanted her insurance provider details, and she wasn't happy. She came up with some excuse about the wind blowing the door open, and i said i couldn't care less how it happened, you did it, so your going to pay for it. I'm a mean bastard i know, but sometimes you just have to be.

Long story short, everything was fixed, and let's hope she is a bit more careful in the future when getting out of her car.

I always try to park away from other cars, but it dosen't always help. I was just in the right spot at the right time and i caught the prick who did it.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Long story short, everything was fixed, and let's hope she is a bit more careful in the future when getting out of her car.

No she won't, people like this have no regard for other people or their property.