Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

♥♦ GAMBLR ♣♠ VZ Calais

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
hey how is the ride on the 20's? im thinking about buying some 20's for my vx clubby. you would do a fair bit of 110kmh driving right? how do they go at that speed, gotta say those rims look amazing!! nice work

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Ride on 20's... no where near as soft as stock wheels but nothing I can't live with. I do a lot of 110kmph cruising and it's fine, not much more uncomfortable than standard. Town is a different story, but our local roads are horrible.

I will say specify the correct tyres, mine are taller but narrower, do not provide the greatest grip, and ride comfort should improve with the correct size. I'll grab the right size for you if you want.

And thanks champ! Loved the rims for years, finally got my own set.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
One of the best looking VZ Calais's I have ever seen - You must be stoked!!! Makes me really regret selling mine but at the time I wanted a manual V8 instead of the auto V6.... Ill go another Calais next time though :) Keep up the great work and make sure you post up some more pics soon!!!

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Wow cheers buddy! You've put a smile on my face for the rest of the day :D haha yeah I'm totally stoked about where it is at the moment, comments like that make it worthwhile!

Slowly getting there, few more touches and it'll be a sweet cruiser. =) thanks champ! More pics up when I have the time to do a proper detail

mad-sly-rig

NO LAG, JUST TORQUE
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV REDLINE M6 S2
hi mate, ive seen ur car getting around whyalla abit and it looks sweet hey, u may have seen my car around but i don't take it out too often (pics on my profile), if i see ya cruising ill give ya a toot.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
hi mate, ive seen ur car getting around whyalla abit and it looks sweet hey, u may have seen my car around but i don't take it out too often (pics on my profile), if i see ya cruising ill give ya a toot.

G'day champ, can't say I have seen your rig around town, but I won't miss it. Looks ace, especially with the Senator bobtail! Yeah, feel free to give us a toot man, I'll end up working out it's you :D

looks tough man good work

Thanks buddy!

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Organising a set of new DRL VZ lights for the GAMBLR, so the stock VZ Calais lights are up for grabs. Anyone interested, drop me a PM

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
Sick car mate, same colour as my new VY SS I think :] Did all calais come out auto?? I know after 5 years of driving my vn ss auto it really got to me.