Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Whilst the issues with trucks being overloaded is real, chain of responsibility laws mean it isn't solely the driver's responsibility.

Parties in the ‘Chain of Responsibility’ (in addition to the driver) include:

the employer of a driver;
the prime contractor of a driver;
the operator of a vehicle;
the scheduler of goods or passengers for transport by the vehicle and also the scheduler of its driver;
both the consignor and consignee of the goods transported by the vehicle;
the loading manager i.e. the person who supervises loading or unloading or manages premises where regular loading or unloading occurs and the loader and unloader of the goods carried by the vehicle.

Also Safe T Cam is in place to catch drivers exceeding their driving hours. And since trucks are speed limited to 100km/h, I can't see how they can speed to the point where they have to stop for 30 minutes.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
ok

i ride a bike and i get these speed limited trucks @ 100khp sitting on my arse @ 130 kph trying to run me down i can easily lose them but .......

anyone care to explain

stuntmanmike

Car wotsit & stuff
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 V6 Auto / VS BT1 5.0 / VY SV8
Ha ha. I've seen some dumb sh!t behaviour on the highways with city drivers thinking (or not at all) that the 60 km/hr traffic maneuvers can be applied with a 60 ton B-double on the freeway around a blind bend. Not pretty...

I let my missus know that you don't know if the driver in the car in front or behind us is on meth or dope and is a pathological psycho with a loaded gun under their seat. Same goes for the very few truckies that choof or do a point or two whilst driving. You just don't know who you are dealing with when things become hairy on the roads and it's not worth the risk of gambling a few seconds with death.

I have a very simple rule of thumb on the roads: if it is heavier than me then it is best to give way and steer clear until safe to pass. And if someone appears to be driving like a fcukwit then its best to pull over and let them go on to their own accident scene without me being involved.

Some would argue that these particular drivers should attend driving training, defensive driving courses, blah blah blah. I say that some just can't be taught to drive safely at all no matter what their gender, age or background for various road conditions (eg tailgating during the first rain in summer when the intersections are their greasiest).
Naturally I just finished my set...

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
this really makes you stop and think about truckies

who gives a #### about their problems
can't do the speed limit then stay out of the right lane.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
According to my Cousin in the UK it is like that there to allow the traffic to flow better.

Yeah cause everyone else is doing 130mph

schoey3

Bass heads ' r ' us
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega, 03 VY Exec

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
who gives a #### about their problems
can't do the speed limit then stay out of the right lane.

who gives a fk about ur comment?
dont like what you read, stay the fk out of the thread

Last edited: