Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If a person was born deaf, Then what language do they think in?

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
theres been mind ####-i-er stuff before, but yea, this took everyone's brain, bent it over a gave it an off road journey to brown town.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
theres been mind ####-i-er stuff before, but yea, this took everyone's brain, bent it over a gave it an off road journey to brown town.

That is the strangest post I've ever read on any forum lol, and I frequent 4chan alot o_O

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
we had a deaf person at work, and she would sound out words when around ppl that didnt know sign. so she knew sounds but what she was thinking #### knows

interesting topic though, wish she was still at work to ask.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
We had a deaf person where I used to work and some guys used to crank his stereo up full bore when he wasn't watching. For the next few days you could hear him coming a mile away, so imagine how pissed his neighbors were when he left for work at 5 in the morning.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If we ever work this out then we can work on the next one, how does a blind person know when they are awake or when they are dreaming?

Do you only know youre awake because your eyes are open? No. What if you woke up in pitch darkness. You are conscious of the fact that you have woken up and can hear your surroundings.

How do you know when youre awake or dreaming? You dont, till you wake up then realise.

I dont see it being any different for a blind person.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
We had a deaf person where I used to work and some guys used to crank his stereo up full bore when he wasn't watching. For the next few days you could hear him coming a mile away, so imagine how pissed his neighbors were when he left for work at 5 in the morning.

He would have known. Deaf people feel the music. I used to "talk" to a deaf girl at a nightclub on a regular basis via notes and she told me she feels the bass and thats how they dance to the music.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I remember seeing a doco or movie or something about a figure skater who could feel the music so she knew when to make her moves.

Its an interesting point, like I wonder what language a dog thinks in? They dont have a spoken language do they, but my dog definitely thinks.

Another interesting and totally irrelevant point. I'm colour blind, just standard red/green, and I've been asked before why I don't go at red lights and stop at green ones. Colour blindness means you have trouble distinguishing shades, its not what people imagine it to be, but it poses an interesting point.

If I look at a red light, I can tell you its a red light. I cant guarantee its the same colour that you are seeing, for all I know I am actually seeing a green light. But all my life, people have been pointing at that colour and telling me its red.. so regardless of what colour I am actually seeing, I've always called it red, and its just a normal red traffic light..

Some shades of red or green can blend together and look very similar to me, but not the ones at traffic lights. The worst thing is trying to find one of those flouro yellow balls on a green golf course.. they are invisible to me from any more than about 6 feet away.

The point of that little story? You know what you learn. If you are deaf, you learn to cope in some other way. If you don't have a spoken language to verbalise something in your head, you will still be able to do it. You just wont know you are doing it or how.

If a deaf person reads a book, they can understand what its saying. They may not speak it to themselves in the same way we do, but they must have some internal language or something they can fall back on.. they would understand, read and write english, but it just wouldn't sound like english if they were to try to say it.

Same as my red light, it doesn't matter what colour it really is so long as the end result is that I know its time to stop..