Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFL - Sledge your opposition.

Who will win the 2012 AFL Premiership?

• Total voters

Serioushustle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7L
That goal reversal decision against Collingwood was an absolute joke.

How the hell was it an absolute joke? It was clearly over the line, if you dont think so your kidding yourself.

Hawks to win the premiership!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
What a game for magpies!!!! Thomas you little ripper 3 goals in 6 minutes. He has great form. Yeah Collingwood we have it over Sydney.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
How the hell was it an absolute joke? It was clearly over the line, if you dont think so your kidding yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mate I go for the Hawks, and I don't like Collingwood like the rest of the country, but the review must be called before the umpire signals whether it's a goal or not, not 2 minutes later. The review did not show that the entire ball went over the line.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
isnt the rule "inconclusive means its up to the umpire"?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

The only clear shot of any value is this one:

840447-behind.jpg

To me, it shows the ball in line with the outside edge of the line on the ground. That means, if the camera was to be directly above, part of it would be still on the line and thus deemed in play. The boundary umpire was in perfect position to judge this call. Play continued and Collingwood kicked a goal. It was only when the ball was near the centre square for the bounce a minute later that the decision was questioned. Poor decision by the umpire gods IMO. It would be interesting what would have happened if the goal wasn't kicked shortly there after. Would play have continued and 1 min later pulled back? What if West Coast had gone down the other end and kicked a goal? Imagine the uproar then if it was disallowed. This system needs work.

Reaper

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I expect Sam Newman to give the umpires another blasting on Thursday night.

Do people still watch the footy show on 9?

I gave it away years ago when it dawned on me that it was just onther weekly soap show that had glimpses of football in it.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
No Sam Mitchell but pendlebury got in?

Dean Cox named in the forward pocket (Eddy Betts and Lewis Jetta?) but the selectors left Pavlich out because he spent some time up the ground?

Naitanui named as best ruckman in the league when he's the second best ruckman in his team. (at least Maric, Cox, and Jacobs all ahead of him)

Sean Dempster? I mean seriously, COME ON!

Hawkins named FF ahead of Riewoldt despite kicking less goals and less goal assists in a better team

This team is fast becoming a joke. Demetriou is on the selection panel despite missing 8 rounds whilst sunbaking in France. Luke Darcy is a selector despite being so stupid that it's a mystery how he manages to survive each day.