Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CompCam @.050 232/234

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Diff gears aren't expensive if you keep an eye out and buy 2nd hand. I got a hsv 3.27 LSD for $200 with 30 000km on it. Che checked it out before fitting it and all was fine. I have since put another 20 000km on it n still going strong. Also got a vcm otr for $300 off a mate.

I'd be getting the vcm 21 if I was you. But don't take my word on it, speak to vcm. They also do headers n cats. You could always buy the cam kit n put it aside, then an maf otr as a smaller cam doesn't need to be maf less tuned as the maf isn't a restriction till you go wilder and keeping the maf will make it a nicer car at low speeds and throttle. Then get headers n cats and take all the parts to whoever you want to use and get it all fitted n tuned

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I reckon you should work on your vocabulary before you do any work on the car.

Go to "Search" tab and type "VE Cam". You will find plenty of answers.

Your an idiot.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Vcm 21 is the way too go for a stock auto,I have that cam shaft,headers,full 3'' system,VCM OTR and 3.7's and it moves :driving:
Oh like said above i got my diff gears of ebay for $350.

Last edited:

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply.. Was out having dinner..
Just got a small question, if you can give me a easy description..
What's Diff Gear things? What can it do?....
Why so many ss people changed their Diff to HSV Diff?..

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Diff gears aren't expensive if you keep an eye out and buy 2nd hand. I got a hsv 3.27 LSD for $200 with 30 000km on it. Che checked it out before fitting it and all was fine. I have since put another 20 000km on it n still going strong. Also got a vcm otr for $300 off a mate.

I'd be getting the vcm 21 if I was you. But don't take my word on it, speak to vcm. They also do headers n cats. You could always buy the cam kit n put it aside, then an maf otr as a smaller cam doesn't need to be maf less tuned as the maf isn't a restriction till you go wilder and keeping the maf will make it a nicer car at low speeds and throttle. Then get headers n cats and take all the parts to whoever you want to use and get it all fitted n tuned

HI Buddy,

Thanks lot, always give me such useful info. Im realy appreciate.

I had race with this guy, who has cam 232/236, and his car was completed by hi torque
VE SS-V 232/236 Cam Install First Start - YouTube

At that time, my car is totaily stock and i race him when red light, when taking off before 100km we are same fast.. but after 100km and 120km.... he jus say good to me..
Is that what big cam really does?..

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply.. Was out having dinner..
Just got a small question, if you can give me a easy description..
What's Diff Gear things? What can it do?....
Why so many ss people changed their Diff to HSV Diff?..

In my opinion best bang for buck mod. Gives you better go off the line is the easiest way to describe it, shortens the throw between gears. I went from a 2.92 to 3.27 and the difference was remarkable. Personally i wouldn't change the gears themselves, just buy a complete diff and be done with it. Swapping the diff over is easy and can be done yourself if you're handy with the spanners.
In regards to cam, i'm running the Oztrack stealth II cam which is mild and for mine, which is a daily, it's perfect. No stall required, sounds tough and behaves well in traffic. If you want more info on mine check my ride.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
HI Buddy, That's fine...
I dont even want to responds him...cuz..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Is that why you liked the post?

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Yeah the 232/236 cammed car you had a little run with shows exactly what a big cam will be like. With a smaller cam you would of smoked him till about 140 then he would more then likely run you down

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Larger profile cams will produce more power at mid-high rpm, and this has nothing to do with overall speed whatsoever as small cams can still beat a big cammed car,

imo for an L98 motor you cannot go passed a wide split pattern camshaft with high lift - the duration will be up to you