Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone used Pedders sportsryder springs to lower their VE?

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Hey guys,

Just organising to get my VE calais lowered this week (have 19" wheels on it), I dont want to effect the ride quality too much so only want to lower a little.

Ive done a search on the forums and it seems most people have used KING springs and used SL in the front and SSL in the rear. What equivilent is Pedders? Are Pedders better then King? Which is the stiffer spring as I'm more after the look and feel of the spring vs the performance.

Cheers

Patty

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Used Pedders Sport Ryder in my VY ute I once had. Cant complain they were everything I wanted, for a lowered spring there were no thumps, harshness,etc,etc. I,d honestly use them again.

poolzanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE sv6 manual ute
Anyone got any photos of these springs on a VE? Looking at getting them myself!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
did sportsrider shocks and springs from pedders, lowering it about 35mm all round, very happy with ride and look

VE_BerLina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
+1 poolzanator

Can anyone please put up some pics with Pedders SportRyder Springs ?

I'm thinking of lowering but keeping the factory look/rake with SSL Back & SSSL Front

I like the feedback posted of Pedders having a softer ride compared to King Springs (for Same Height)

Thanks !

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
IMG_0906-2.jpgIMG_0906-2.jpg

Ive got pedders sports riders. Lowered about 35mm All round. This photo was only the day after i got them so they've settled a bit since then..... I also did the same springs in my last car which was a VE SSV ute and have nothing but good words to say. Handles great and rides beautifully...

VE_BerLina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks for the Pics waynebatt !

Are the springs same front & back comparing with King Springs - SSL Back & SSSL Front - I have a V6 :|

Can you share the name/part numbers for your Springs - did you need to change the shocks ?

Any chance of an Updated Picture showing the Settled Height ? :)

Thanks

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Thanks for the Pics waynebatt !

Are the springs same front & back comparing with King Springs - SSL Back & SSSL Front - I have a V6 :|

Can you share the name/part numbers for your Springs - did you need to change the shocks ?

Any chance of an Updated Picture showing the Settled Height ? :)

Thanks

Not to sure when comparing to king springs. But i know the front and rear are slightly different heights. Didn't need to change the shocks, However i have the FE3 Sports suspension, So that may make a difference to ride quality when compared to your car. But if anything Mine "should" be bumpier as my shocks are lower and firmer.

Part number for the pedders Springs are 202955 and 202954 but i could tell you which one is front and which is rear.

Heres the only 2 relevant photos i have since its settled. Its a nice lowered stance without being so low you scrape on everything. I rarely Scrape, pretty much only happens on large speed humps.

photo-6.jpgphoto-5.jpg

VE_BerLina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks waynebatt

BTW - Your Car Looks Awesome !

Love the Colour !

I was looking to get those Rims but couldnt find them anywhere & cost too much direct from Holden !