Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV 13.0 1/4 mile with bolt ons

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Power adders versus bolt-on efficiency mods to stock block is the line in the sand isn't it? Forced induction and nos shots don't qualify as ALL MOTOR bolt-ons.
Also what has been stripped from full stock weight is another issue. If all it needs are wheels, seats and axle back to be re-installed for the drive home then OK. A VE can get down to 1740kg with driver and still drive home.
H/C/I with gears and stall is still NA - two G8/VE have cracked the 10s this month, 10.83 ET last night.
Related to this benchmark for VEs is fastest H/C/I with AFM - 10.53 ET (with 150 shot).

Take it waaaaaay back. Its either modified or unmodified. Thats the line in the sand. (Using your quote :p)

Otherwise we branch off in too many directions.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Power adders versus bolt-on efficiency mods to stock block is the line in the sand isn't it? Forced induction and nos shots don't qualify as ALL MOTOR bolt-ons.
Also what has been stripped from full stock weight is another issue. If all it needs are wheels, seats and axle back to be re-installed for the drive home then OK. A VE can get down to 1740kg with driver and still drive home.
H/C/I with gears and stall is still NA - two G8/VE have cracked the 10s this month, 10.83 ET last night.
Related to this benchmark for VEs is fastest H/C/I with AFM - 10.53 ET (with 150 shot).
See stripping weight is cheating as far as I am concerned in the street car game, race it as you drive it.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Theres too much emphasis on the terminology here.

If you have altered ANYTHING on the car, it IS NOT stock. Its either modified or not, no grey areas between.

This forum gets far too amped up about terminology lol.

+1 to your comment.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Ssv 13:00 1/4 mile stock

See stripping weight is cheating as far as I am concerned in the street car game, race it as you drive it.

Stripping a VE to be in the 10s
Street Weight without driver 3850lbs
Single 3" Dynamax V/T muffler
20" Camaros with 265 & 325 Mich PS2 winter, 285 Toyo R888 summer
Exhaust manifold, cats, and mid muffler swap (-60lbs savings)
Lithium battery (-50lbs saving)
Airbox delete (-15lbs)
Spare kit delete (-10lbs)
Rear subframe dampeners (-8lbs)
Hood liner and engine cover delete (-5lbs)

Race Weight 3840lbs with driver
GTO drag pack (-95lbs)
Passenger seats delete (-90lbs)
Rear half exhaust delete (-40lbs)
Amp, XM, On-star, and trunk mat delete (-15lbs)
20lbs of misc crap like floor mats and wiper tank
1/8 tank*of 93 octane (gas light on)

Planned Weight Savings
Race seat
Carbon fibre hood
Carbon fibre drive shaft

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
You guys misread the first post (yes the thread title is misleading) but .... He said stock engine... not stock car.

Has anyone taken a ssv down the track with stock engine? I took my ssv to drags in Adelaide this weekend and ran a 13:00 @ 109mph. Just has exhaust and cai maf tune. 0-100 @ 5.5s. Did not expect that time. Is that what they run or do I have a freak? Street tyres.

Anyways... moving right along

Ssv joe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Umm u really r a bunch of jealous wankers! Firstly I said stock engine. A tune is computer work so still stock engine. Has any1 ran a flat 13? That was the question! I seen 13.3 13.4 13.8 no1 out there even in a 6.2 clubby was getting 13.2, a new vf 340 with an edit was getting 13.1. I have this on videos. Don't know how to post them.

Ssv joe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Umm u really r a bunch of jealous wankers! Firstly I said stock engine. A tune is computer work so still stock engine. Has any1 ran a flat 13? That was the question! I seen 13.3 13.4 13.8 no1 out there even in a 6.2 clubby was getting 13.2, a new vf 340 with an edit was getting 13.1. I have this on videos. Don't know how to post them.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

LMFAO, you serious? Getting tied up about terminology?

Let me say it again:

Stock = showroom spec
Modified = modified

An engine that has been modified but no internals changed is usually referred to as 'unopened' with other surrounding bolt-on's...hey guess what, bolt on's = the car is modified.

Don't get your panties in a twist because everyone is reacting to a terminology debate which you caused by having bad terminology.