Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dealer recommends "Induction Service" and "Carbon Clean" @45000km ?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
What's an "induction service"?

Camacho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore Series 2 Sedan
They probably chuck the intake tube in the dish washer and whilst it's going they shoot carby cleaner at the throttle body from a few metres away to make it more exciting.

Lmao... Thanks for that ! Cracked me up bigtime!

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I had the Mitsi dealer in Dandenong try to up sell me this every service right from 10,000km I told him that if there was a build up that quick I am sure he would hear about it when I claimed on the warranty for a faulty engine, then asked them if they sold me a car with a faulty engine! He tried to tell me it was preventative maintenance. That said I know Mitsubishi that earlier GDI (same as SIDI) engines do suffer from coking on in the manifold but I am sure that with holden using technology that has been around for almost 15 years will have used a better system.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I had the Mitsi dealer in Dandenong try to up sell me this every service right from 10,000km I told him that if there was a build up that quick I am sure he would hear about it when I claimed on the warranty for a faulty engine, then asked them if they sold me a car with a faulty engine! He tried to tell me it was preventative maintenance. That said I know Mitsubishi that earlier GDI (same as SIDI) engines do suffer from coking on in the manifold but I am sure that with holden using technology that has been around for almost 15 years will have used a better system.

FWIW if you don't change your oil and the motor fails then Holden will not honour the warranty so I'm kinda thinking along these lines, if it is not listed as mandatory service by Holden in your owners manual then it will be just a dealer up sell.
Altho I agree the intake does get dirty, via PCV etc, if it is excessive then the problem should be rectified.

Camacho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore Series 2 Sedan
If you use alcohol fuels like e10 or e85 it'll clean up all the carbon deposits better than that stuff anyway.

Is that so? I was always told to stay away from the e85 and e10... Approved for the engine, but I am not sure about that stuff :blah blah:

Hm...