Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!!! Can anyone hear petrol splashing inside SV6 sportswagon VF

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Does anyone who owns a VF SV6 Sportswagon can you please tell me when you have 3/4 of petrol in your tank can you hear it splashing from inside the car, or when you are about to stop or just sitting in your seat and moving is this normal or a faulty petrol tank.

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
i can hear it in my ute and there is more guys here who can hear as well. you can search forum and you will find where they comment on that

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Do u know where in the forum I can find it

i can hear it in my ute and there is more guys here who can hear as well. you can search forum and you will find where they comment on that

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
OP this is the second thread you've started and third or fourth post on the same thing in as many weeks?
I responded in detail with a pic the first time, no response / dialogue just cross post?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Pir4te,
Please tell me you didn't rip out your fuel tank to respond to the "VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON petrol splashing noise and clunk when taking off" thread. Lol.

OP
I've noticed this a few times in 4 VE's since 2006. It's a little more pronounced when I hear it in my VF, but still no big issue. I'm not sure if the VF is more noticeable due to repositioning of the fuel tank, or a quieter cabin. Either way I rarely hear it and it doesn't bother me. Whatever Holden have done, the VF is much easier to fill past the first cutoff than the VE. I suspect the sloshing sound in the wagon would be more noticeable than in the sedan or ute, but I may be wrong. There is definitely no clunk though, and this may be completely unrelated. Bottom line is I've never bothered to mention this to my Dealer on any of my past five Commodore's because it is a non issue for me. It's an inherent trait of the vehicle and out of interest not a single person in any of my cars has ever asked about it. It's just not an issue.
IMO you should take the time to work with your dealer on this (clunk in particular), or another dealer if they are not responsive, and get the issue sorted. Bagging out Holden on line, for a very minor and questionable fault on a fabulous car, to me smacks of irrationality. JMO.

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Mate it's pretty crap that you spend 45k on a car and you can hear the petrol splashing, not even a 1960's car you can hear that, and I'm a fan of commodores but mate I've had the car for less than two months and it's been in the workshop 6 times for that clunk noise which they have tried a tailshaft, diff and now auto transmission and the car is bloody brand new I've owned a ford fiesta and a forester an both have never seen the workshop since I've had them now for over 4 years. So I have the right to be bloody shitty coz it's been at holden more times than in my driveway.
Pir4te,
Please tell me you didn't rip out your fuel tank to respond to the "VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON petrol splashing noise and clunk when taking off" thread. Lol.

OP
I've noticed this a few times in 4 VE's since 2006. It's a little more pronounced when I hear it in my VF, but still no big issue. I'm not sure if the VF is more noticeable due to repositioning of the fuel tank, or a quieter cabin. Either way I rarely hear it and it doesn't bother me. Whatever Holden have done, the VF is much easier to fill past the first cutoff than the VE. I suspect the sloshing sound in the wagon would be more noticeable than in the sedan or ute, but I may be wrong. There is definitely no clunk though, and this may be completely unrelated. Bottom line is I've never bothered to mention this to my Dealer on any of my past five Commodore's because it is a non issue for me. It's an inherent trait of the vehicle and out of interest not a single person in any of my cars has ever asked about it. It's just not an issue.
IMO you should take the time to work with your dealer on this (clunk in particular), or another dealer if they are not responsive, and get the issue sorted. Bagging out Holden on line, for a very minor and questionable fault on a fabulous car, to me smacks of irrationality. JMO.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
OP,

Your post:
"I have. VF sportswagon (sic) now have this clunk noise the dealer has changed the tailshaft wasn't that now they replaced the diff wasn't that now they think it's the transmission and this is meant to be the best commodore ever I don't think so, I like to know when I'm entitled to a replacement vechile (sic) the whole car has been changed underneath."

It seems your problem may be a lot bigger than sloshing fuel! The clunking sound must be very bad! If so I'll eat my words. If the dealer has got it so wrong so far, I'd be heading to another one.
Can you upload a video or sound file?
Let's hope it's not the jack moving around in the spare wheel well.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's hard to keep track of the issue with posts in several threads. Clearly it's far too easy for people like me to jump to conclusions from behind the keyboard without all the information. :embarrass
Yep I can see your point. If that was my experience I'd be extremely peeved too. Just be mindful that the reason your car has been at the dealership six times may be as much to do with their incompetence (in this instance) than it has to do with the car.
Butting out.