Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does your mother in law hate you and if so how do you deal with the pain?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Well as the title suggests, my wife's mother and I do not get along.
Originally things were fine but as daughter's focus was taken more and more away from her mother... that's when things started getting hard.
Now she just tells people out right lies about me to try and win their favour.
For example recently I suddenly owed her $1200 for an old loan that I never repaid. Thing is she never has any money to borrow.

It doesn't really bother me directly as she is pretty harmless but it bugs the hell out of my wife which in turn bugs me. She has also turned a few of my wife's family friends against her which is disappointing.

Anyone else have similar experiences with the mother in law?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Not in the same way. My mum has made many comments to my wife over the years, none of them good. I remember one time staying at her place with our kids, I would have left had I had somewhere else to stay. The most stressful time is when she stays with us for a week. By the end, I am very happy to drop her off at the train. It is sad that my own mother can't accept the fact that I have grown up and left town, got married, had four kids and am very happy.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Nah, mines not to bad. If you asked my misses, she has a **** father in law. Haha.

My mother in law hates her mother in law. She tried playing her grandkids against each other.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
This woman even rang my parents to tell them that I wouldn't pay her back this phantom loan even though she's apparently "intimidated" by them (no idea why, they've been really nice to her).

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
WTF is with that mother in law of yours. Tried speaking to her? Maybe she just doesn't like that you've taken her daughter away.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
My MIL had a lump sum of about $70K go missing from her home. I got the blame and we ended up in court over it. I'd just started a massive renovation on our home at the time the money went missing so I had to prove to VCAT that I didn't take the money and what not. My god has it done some damage to the family. I still remember the VCAT Member staring her dead in the eye and calling her a fool for keeping that amount of money in cash in her home.

That cost me $10K in legal fees. I could've taken her for the legal fees but in the end, I just wore it and told her to never darken my doorstep while I'm home and don't she ever dare park her arse on my brand new toilets. EVER.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Well after the loan thing we both avoided her for quite some time but then she became ill and claimed to possibly have brain cancer... which made sense to me cause her behavior is most strange.
Turns out she had merely aggrivated the arthritis in her back. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I don't think it helps that I am.
The latest "Thing" was an invite to the family friends mum's 70th... addressed ONLY to my wife. The mum has talked them all into disliking me. Not sure why.
The friend only hints at the issue which is really not helping "he knows what he did"....

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Hmm well the wife's folks split up as her dad has mild turretts and was off meds for a while. a fair while...

We think she hates me as I have a form of asperger's syndrome. bit rude if that's the case.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
"he knows what he did"....

uh. dude. You need to get to the bottom of that. Women (especially older ones) will only say that when you've done something "inappropriate"

How old is your MIL?