Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My [NEW TOY] VE SSV G8

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
love the rims, would look sick lowered

Ok, I know it's not as low as I originally wanted, but it is NOWHERE NEAR as high as it was when it was stock. It's on SSSL's mate. Check first post.

This is stock height.
IMG_1963.JPG

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Hey mate how do you find the bilsteins go with the SSSL springs?

I want to get new shocks soon and have been looking at bilstein rather than coilovers as my understanding is they will ride far better for a street driven car.

Cheers

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Post up pics of the interior goodies plz ;P

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Very nice car. :D
Can you show a better pic of the clear front reflectors please? I'm considering something similar for my SSV G8 ute.
Where did you get them from as well? Klearz.com is the only place I can find at the moment selling them and shipped to Aus they cost an arm and half a leg, for what they are anyway.
Thanks,
Ben

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Since update has been requested, quite a bit has changed recently.

- Installed GM Motorsport RipShifter: (thanks to Reap and ari). Highly recommended, much firmer shifts, more direct and shorter throw and very easy to find gates. Makes the stock setup feel pathetic.

- Installed GXP/G8 Rear Diffuser: got rid of the shitty stock honeycomb diffuser and got rid of the towbar setup. It's a streeter, not going to be doing any towing.

- Installed clear side reflectors: sourced from ..: Klearz :.., really clean up the look of the car.

- Installed E1 HSV Gauge setup: (thanks to ari). Got rid of the shitty SSV digital readout on the LCD screen. Really cleans up the look of the interior, SSV setup looks cheap and nasty.

What's coming next in proper order:

- Wheels: Still haven't decided what wheels yet, can't find a set that I really like.

- Brembo 4 pots all round: Similar to CTSV/Redline setup, can't install until I decide on wheels as they won't fit under standard SSV 19x8's.

- Camshaft upgrade: Still haven't settled on a grind, tossing up between a 224/228 @114 or a 232/234 @ 114. Still more discussions to be had. Not happening until brakes and wheels are done. The car is already too fast for the quality of brakes.

Few pics:

1176325_10152153402397527_1013306434_n.jpg

10544362_10152497890952527_1509504905356269551_n.jpg

10500571_10152520828777527_9079475655106756173_n.jpg

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
- Installed clear side reflectors: sourced from ..: Klearz :.., really clean up the look of the car.
Thanks for the pics and clarifying your supplier mate. I'm very keen to get some for my car, but just can't decide if I should get them smoked or not. I've also seen a blue G8 with blue reflectors, which looked great and would suit my blue SSV, but I can't find them anywhere online. All the possibilities and the relatively high price, for what they are anyway, makes me not want to jump into changing the reflectors. I would hate to pay that much for a shiny piece of plastic and be disappointed with how they suit my car.

The HSV gauges look so much nicer than the stock SSV display too. How tricky was that to do? Just replace trim/gauges and plug & play? Or more involved?
Also, is it just the way it looks in the pics or is the HSV guage surround trim a glossier black than the stock trim?

Love what you've done with the car! :)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
those gauges just really finish off the interior. i love them!