Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Worst part is all the muppets who voted for Labor did so as a stuff you to Abbott, not because state based Labor are the best to run the state.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
It is unfortunate, yet unavoidable, that people vote at State elections on Federal issues.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I just spent the last 20mins actually reading Labor's policies and all I can say is God help us!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
How bad were the liberal party to only get one term in office?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The Liberals could have been the best goverment in history and still get one term if people didn't like them.

Elections are a popularity these days as the winner is usually the one people 'like' rather than the party who can demonstrate the best management.

Labor didn't win because they are better at governing or have a proven track record, they won because they said the most things people like to hear and voters don't like Abbott.

If Labor was still in power at a federal level, the state election would have been won by the Liberals.

Now we have the next 4 years to watch rampant waste and spending from Labor, our surplus will become a deficit and when pur smoking and goverment finances resemble something out of an apocalyptic movie, people will wake up and vote the Liberals back in who will then need to start again. Cuts, sensible spending and financial straties will be brought in, people will at first like it until the shine wears off, revolt and we go through the same cycle again.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
How bad were the liberal party to only get one term in office?

The first year and a half of the Liberal term was very lackluster. Ted Bailleu was a bit of a flop. Although, he did spend his first year and a half having to totally rebuild the Myki system that Labor ####ed up behind recognition (which now barely works but Labor plunged us into so much debt with it, it was easier to try and fix it) as well as the Desalination plant (currently costing us 1.2million dollars a day in Union run maintance and interest). But other than that there wasnt much to shout home about.

When Ted resigned, Napthine was a real boost. He got a lot of stuff underway. Budget was being reined in and new projects being put underway/developed.

But this really isnt a failing of State Liberal. When Labor here got the boot, they were bad. Not Queensland/NSW bad. But they were bad. Corruption was rife with the unions. Even now, the full truth behind the Desal plant is still coming out.

If you looked at a lot of the comments from people on various newspaper articles. A lot of people are aiming this vote at Tony Abbott. This was not a vote against Federal Liberal, rather than State. Which fine, Federal Liberals is on the nose, take it out on them in 2 years time, dont reelect the very crooks Victoria threw out of Parliament years ago with such ferocity.

I was extremely angry with Labor here because they actively campaigned appealing to FEDERAL ISSUES. They mentioned on numerous occasions "Are you upset about GP Tax, Petrol Tax etc" which are FEDERAL issues where Dan Andrews has zero power. It felt like this election was Daniel Andrews v Tony Abbott. They blatantly lied.

Im really worried for this State now, because right off the bat theyve commited to throwing 5 billion dollars in the toilet. allowing 3 billion dollars of Federal funding to go to another state and cutting off vital infrastructure just to spite Liberals. Theyre committed to slowing down productivity with public holidays for Grand Final Friday (wut?) The alternative plan to the East West link has absolutely zero funding dedicated to it under the policy costings.

On paper, a lot of the Labor policies look fine. I dont disagree with many things. However, as someone who can see fiction for what it is, i know its just not feasible.