Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 SSV Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi,

New member.

Well I did it. I am still buzzing.

Just got back from Holden dealership.
Ordered a 2015 Black SSV Redline Manual. Approx. 2 weeks wait.

Currently drive 2002 VY Commodore S Manual V6. (although not for much longer!)

Took a White SSV Redline for a spin at the dealership, although only for a 4-5 km trip around the block.
Smooth, Stunning. Couldn't really open it up due to the salesman being in the car with me but the Power is there.
Gave it one very short squirt (after the salesman saw me holding back on it and encouraged me) and the Speedo raced to 80 in a millisecond and I was still in second gear. This thing begs for open road!

Now the hard part. Waiting.

Will post pics down the track.

Changeover 48K with:
Lock Nuts
Slimline weather shields (Driver and Front Passenger)
Mud flaps
Bonnet protector
Full set of Mats
Standard 3 yrs warranty and 1 year Roadside assist.

They tried to get me to spend another $600 on Tinting and $1000 on some paint protection, but cannot afford now.
Can prob. get these elsewhere and prob. cheaper too down the track.

Cheers!

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
Congratulations on your purchase, I would not bother with paint protection personally but a good tint job on a black car looks almost sinister. What colour wheels does it come with? Black or chrome?

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Congrats mate, you'll love it! They initially offered me tint for mine for $500 and $980 to lower it...I managed to talk them down to $1,000 for both, just shows how much margin there is in it for them.

I would never bother with dealership paint protection, it's little more than a sealant and won't last very long at all. For around that price you can get something like Modesta Glass paint protection from a professional detailer who actually knows what they're doing and will do a proper paint correction before applying the paint protection. Check out my thread for the my latest photos of how mine turned out with the Modesta.

Again, you'll love the car when you get it...my VF SSV Redline is the best car I've ever owned, and that's coming from a lifetime Ford bloke!

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
That's an awesome upgrade, good to see you stayed with a manual, with a V8. The auto is handy around town, but the manual is the best drive. I have an VE SS auto and a VX R8 manual, best of both worlds, rego and insurance is a pain though.

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
Congrats, I've had mine since Oct 14 and love it.

Chainsaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
My14 VF SSV Redline
Nice one! They're an easy car to live with.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Mine was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but been told another week. I hate waiting, although the Maloo gets a little more use before retirement.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Congratulations on your purchase, I would not bother with paint protection personally but a good tint job on a black car looks almost sinister. What colour wheels does it come with? Black or chrome?

Cheers Why.
Black!
The 2015 build (VF SSV Redline upgrade) only comes in black if I am correct.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Congrats mate, you'll love it! They initially offered me tint for mine for $500 and $980 to lower it...I managed to talk them down to $1,000 for both, just shows how much margin there is in it for them.

I would never bother with dealership paint protection, it's little more than a sealant and won't last very long at all. For around that price you can get something like Modesta Glass paint protection from a professional detailer who actually knows what they're doing and will do a proper paint correction before applying the paint protection. Check out my thread for the my latest photos of how mine turned out with the Modesta.

Again, you'll love the car when you get it...my VF SSV Redline is the best car I've ever owned, and that's coming from a lifetime Ford bloke!

Cheers gg.

Had a look at yours in the Prussian Grey, Awesome!

Would you or any of brotherhood know of reputable detailers in Melbourne metro area?

Also Opti Coat or Modesta?

As Eddie McGuire would say "I have NFI !!!"

Many Thanks.