Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs s2 T5 manual conversion

BAM93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sedan
Hi all,
I've been planning to do a manual conversion to my s2 acclaim, it's a v6 ecotec. I removed a T5 setup out of a 93 vp buick v6. Now I'm just wondering what I need or need to do to complete the conversion, as far as I can tell I need a manual wiring loom and the T5 computer..also heard something about mirror balancing the auto vs flex plate to the vp flywheel..? As for the conversion itself, any tricks or tips to make the job a little easier. The car is a sedan by the way, thanks for the help I really appreciate it. :)

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Flywheels are not compatible, you need a vs s2 to vy flywheel, I recommend running dowels in the end of your crank but it's a little bit of work, you need the x member, tail shaft, pedal box, cable, shifter, shifter surround, man floor plate, you can use your existing loom just mod it so you bridge the inhibitor switch and wire up the reverse lights and vss, yes t5 pcm, new tty flywheel bolts, new spigot, throw out bearing, clutch n pressure plate etc I'm probably forgetting things but you get the jist.....

BAM93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sedan
Yeah I get what you're saying, so I need a T5 flywheel from another vs? I'm going to use the original tailshaft from the car and put the T5 front half on it for the spline to match..can I use the cross member from the vp?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can either use a VS S1 flywheel or have the one you've already got balanced to your flex plate.

VP cross member and tail shaft should be fine.

PCM hacking also has a guide on converting the regular Auto PCM to take the T5 speed sensor, then all you need to do is have somebody burn a manual tune onto your memcal. There are members here that can do it for you.

BAM93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sedan
Yeah I spoke to a guy that can balance to the flex plate for $120, I'm shopping around ebay, gumtree and wreckers to find a T5 computer and wiring harness but no luck so far. Could someone please point me in the right direction to bridge my auto harness and get a pre tuned memcal to suit my car? Muchly appreciated. :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Memcal - contact The1 or Delcowizzid, they should be able to put in something extra too.

Have a search around in the How-to section for the VN-VR manual conversion thread. That will give you the jist, but it should be much the same.

BAM93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sedan
Thanks man I really appreciate it. :)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Flywheels are not compatible, you need a vs s2 to vy flywheel, I recommend running dowels in the end of your crank but it's a little bit of work, you need the x member, tail shaft, pedal box, cable, shifter, shifter surround, man floor plate, you can use your existing loom just mod it so you bridge the inhibitor switch and wire up the reverse lights and vss, yes t5 pcm, new tty flywheel bolts, new spigot, throw out bearing, clutch n pressure plate etc I'm probably forgetting things but you get the jist.....

vs s2 - vy use a different gearbox, not sure why he would need one of those? current flywheel will do the job fine, matching the balance to the flex plate is a good idea to ensure no vibrations.

T5's don't use dowels between flywheel and crank either.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
vs s2 - vy use a different gearbox, not sure why he would need one of those? current flywheel will do the job fine, matching the balance to the flex plate is a good idea to ensure no vibrations.

T5's don't use dowels between flywheel and crank either.

Op has buick wreck, which has different internal balance and crank bolt pattern i would've thought? Aren't both Eco flywheels (smf obviously) the same PCD for getrag or t5? Iv never dealt with t5 but done a couple of man conversions so I'm basing my knowledge on but feel free to correct me

BAM93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sedan
Well both professionals and people on this forum are saying the same thing, so I'm mirror balancing my flywheel from the vp, bridging the auto harness to manual and I will buy a pre tuned memcal to suit a vs 3.8l ecotec.