Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used exhaust?

millzy555

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda.....

Steveaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Generally you see that kind of stuff either because the sound doesn't suit the persons taste so they change and are looking to make a buck back or have upgraded again since so shouldn't really have any issues with them, but that's the gamble you take I guess if there actually is a problem as I doubt you'll get any help from x force etc since you haven't purchased through them.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There is a reason people take the X Force ones off and sell them, most people don't like them as they can sound pretty bad.

The second one looks like it doesn't come with rear mufflers, so when you buy them, it won't really save you much at all compared to a new system.

Look around on here as well as Gumtree, FB buy and sell pages too. There are plenty of second hand systems around, but the first question you should ask the seller why they are selling it is why they removed it in the first place.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
For some reason they sound good on a Ford, even the V8's but Holden, not so good.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
To my ears, the X-force is a very raspy sounding exhaust. When I bought my VZ Clubsport is had a twin 3" X-force and I hated it. My brother thought it sounded great at full noise from 2 blocks away but that's not my thing.
I replaced it with a full 3" single Surefolw system with headers and cats and was very happy with the result.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
I personally don't like raspy sounding exhausts also, they sound not bad at low revs but once you get above 4500 rpm they sound crap, at those revs they lose that distinct V8 sound and just sound like an ecotec V6 screaming its tits off.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I think I’ve tried every brand of exhaust there is and they all have good and bad points and not just with the sound but fit and finish as well.

My personal favourite these days is Hurricane as it’s well made and I like the meaty sound.

In saying that I’ve also tried the XForce and believe it gets an ‘over the top’ bad rap and from a performance point of view I wouldn’t hesitate to have one fitted.

As far as the sound goes well that’s subjective but I have found a cammed LS engine with a dual 3 inch stainless XForce plus 1 7/8 4 into 1’s and 100cpi cats sounds good through the entire rev range.

It’s definitely far better than the OEM crap and equal to many others on the market.

millzy555

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda.....
I think I’ve tried every brand of exhaust there is and they all have good and bad points and not just with the sound but fit and finish as well.

My personal favourite these days is Hurricane as it’s well made and I like the meaty sound.

In saying that I’ve also tried the XForce and believe it gets an ‘over the top’ bad rap and from a performance point of view I wouldn’t hesitate to have one fitted.

As far as the sound goes well that’s subjective but I have found a cammed LS engine with a dual 3 inch stainless XForce plus 1 7/8 4 into 1’s and 100cpi cats sounds good through the entire rev range.

It’s definitely far better than the OEM crap and equal to many others on the market.

Cheers, exactly the response i was after. Will check out hurricane/ manta but if that fails will settle on x force
edit: it seems hurricane are reasonably priced!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do the Manta 3" mild steel catback for $1595 shipped.