Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oztrack CAI question - missing part?

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
One end plugs into the rubber boot

IMG_5261.jpg

The other end hooks up around into here.

IMG_5262.jpg

Thanks heaps for that. Much appreciated. So I am guessing you pulled out an original item out of there and this black tube replaced it? Or was it a blank hole that had nothing in it?
Thanks again will be fitting mine tonight

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
Thanks heaps for that. Much appreciated. So I am guessing you pulled out an original item out of there and this black tube replaced it? Or was it a blank hole that had nothing in it?
Thanks again will be fitting mine tonight

Yes there's a similar shaped hose connected to the old air box which you'll have to remove in order to get the air box out, so it shouldn't be hard to miss. The new intake has the hole in a different location which necessitates the new molded tube.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Yes there's a similar shaped hose connected to the old air box which you'll have to remove in order to get the air box out, so it shouldn't be hard to miss. The new intake has the hole in a different location which necessitates the new molded tube.

Cheers mate

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I didn't cut the rubber from the bonnet. Seems to fit perfectly. Are you asking because that's where the air appears to go in? I initially thought that but now realise the majority of the intake sits underneath and draws in air via the grille.

when I put mine in the instructions said to trim this, maybe different on different models etc,

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
That's what I thought apparently it has to be oiled or it doesn't filter properly. I thought it was weird they didn't say in instructions as wel. Anyone know for sure?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
IMG_5254.jpg

I didn't cut the rubber from the bonnet. Seems to fit perfectly. Are you asking because that's where the air appears to go in? I initially thought that but now realise the majority of the intake sits underneath and draws in air via the grille.

when I put mine in the instructions said to trim this, maybe different on different models etc,

The same as MYVESSV8 said, all of my OTRCAI's have had the rubber under the front of the bonnet trimmed away to allow air into the upper section of the OTR.

This is an easy job as the rubber seal just presses in and you only need to remove enough to equal the width of the air intake opening.

You can never have too much air getting in.

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
Steve will do a really good job as he done mine 2012 sv6 6 speed Auto commodore buy remote after I did a few mods including OTR, intake spacer, 20% under speed pulley kit, TB and Cat back 2.5 exhausts 209 Rwkw 14.2 1/4 at Perth Motor Plex