Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's VY SS Manual

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
i parked up next to the spare parts guy at work and as a joke he printed me out a quote for the window moulds and fuel flap rubber saying "you need these and the car will be immac"
Then another work mate actually bought them for me as a surprise :'D

So yea, new door molds and fuel flap rubber
Current ones are a little scratched up/faded
14494788_10208707919347635_6868629755956090591_n.jpg

14494813_10208707919507639_1641037846570184359_n.jpg

R

Risky

I still have nightmares about the trim on my ute. I spent a fair bit of dosh on new parts.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea my window trims need some love. Never really looked into it, it's on the list though. Hard to replace? Hard to find replacements? Pricey for replacement?

I was thinking of just throwing paint at them

aussieakito

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yea my window trims need some love. Never really looked into it, it's on the list though. Hard to replace? Hard to find replacements? Pricey for replacement?

I was thinking of just throwing paint at them

Well the trims and the fuel flap rubber were 88 bucks all up but thats my price (wholesale)
Put them on this morning really easy to do, 1 screw on the side of the door and they just pop up... i did manage to put a scratch on the LHR door but it will buff out.

R

Risky

That's how much I paid for mine & it was worth it. Gaiter, you said you were coming down to Newie soon. If you need stuff let me know & you can get it from me while you're on your trip as I know how much you hate Holden dealers.

You'll find all the rubber trims around the windows have a short life expectancy even if you look after them. The most expensive items are the ute 1/4 windows as they have the rubber on them & they are the ones that are rare.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I wish the sides of the utes ones where replaceable .

$_90.JPG

R

Risky

Trayner,

Holden still have them in stock but there's not many left. I bought 2 sets & they are costly. It is worth it to buy them. I've seen people plasti-dip them & paint them & they don't look good at all. To wreckers, the 1/4 windows are like gold mines.

aussieakito

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Its stopped raining long enough for me to give the car a little attention.

Tyre Shine
Ive been using the "Australian Export" tyre shine on all of my cars ever since the Calais but now that i own a black car the overspray and fling off is too noticeable so i wanted a gel type, after reading a couple reviews i found the most recommended to be "Meguiares Tyre Gel"
Went to supercheap this morning and purchased it not the cheapest tyre shine at $25 but i do get trade so it was only $22 ... i know right a whole $3 saving.

B5bI985.jpg

Washing
While we are on the subject what do you guys use to wash your cars.
I use the 2 bucket method with a microfibre cloth, i dont use the things on the left of the bucket anymore as i have Prestige Detailing handle all the detailing on this car, i just wash and use spray wax while drying.
For drying i dont use a chamois only a microfibre drying towel.
Im not sure exactly what the wheel cleaner is i just got some from work and put it in the bottle

mwdteXc.jpg

Now to give the car a clean, start with the inside like usual

fZAs6yv.jpg

Then the outside
Note the new window moulds!

lzQLhsC.jpg

Gave the new tyre shine a shot, i havent driven with it on yet as the clouds started to gather, SS went straight into the garage.
But so far seems very good..... smells great too :D

VkscIiM.jpg

The good news
As seen in the pictures above the new window moulds are on, as is the new fuel flap rubber.
E58lpLo.jpg

The Bad News
While i was parked at Highpoint this happened, no doubt some woman and her handbag
Ill have to either get a good second hand cover or get this one painted
WTj29NX.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
yeah the exact reason to have a daily still.
gets frustrating when people have minimal care.

R

Risky

Bit of a bummer about the door mirror. I got sick & tired of useless halfwits marking mine. The best thing to do when parking at a shopping centre is to park as far away from everyone else. Besides the exercise, you can see your car more clearer & as it's far away, will deter thieves.

I had one woman opened the door of her car onto my Grand Vitara while I was in the driver seat at a mall. She made no apology for the chip on the door so I made sure she had no mirror.