Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

vf2v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Sun of a Gun MY17 which was in the car park today. And yes it is MY17 as it has the 'H' as the prefix in the VIN. This colour looks good in the sun.

Through the rear window of the second photo, the brushed steel surround is on the centre facia. So it looks like not all the silver and carbon fibre is being replaced with black inside. I remember how good the 'piano black' looked around the dash and console in my CV8. Was hoping MY17 would get the same treatment

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
My dealer was back at work today and confirmed they've only been allocated 2 manual motorsport editions. They're a big Holden and HSV dealer that sells a lot of cars so that's pretty skinny. Get in fast and put a deposit down if you're interested.

One of those manual Motorsports is mine as I've had had $1000 down for nearly two years but she said they are taking $5000 deposits for all MY17 Commodores. She's asked me to come and put some more money down and fill out some updated paperwork.

She still doesn't have any further info on specs or final pricing, we have to wait until the 19th. She thinks that the Motorsport edition will be over $70k, even in manual. My contract stipulates its a deposit that's dependent on the final price of the car, e.g. I can take my money back if I think the final price is too high.

If the price is crazy on the 19th I may try and find a MY16 LSA Clubsport instead.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The W in the VIN signifies it's a V8 and Correct the H means it's a MY17. This is a pre-production vehicle. The VIN's on MY17 start at L300001 (which just happens to be a Black Special Edition Redline Auto, built in the middle of last year;)).

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
The W in the VIN signifies it's a V8 and Correct the H means it's a MY17. This is a pre-production vehicle. The VIN's on MY17 start at L300001 (which just happens to be a Black Special Edition Redline Auto, built in the middle of last year;)).
Maybe a preproduction one off to assess the new colour?

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Sun of a Gun MY17 which was in the car park today. And yes it is MY17 as it has the 'H' as the prefix in the VIN. This colour looks good in the sun.

That really doesnt look to bad. Think ive found my confirmed colour!

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
That really doesnt look to bad. Think ive found my confirmed colour!

it looks like the dark gun metal grey that ive seen on some mustangs.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
it looks like the dark gun metal grey that ive seen on some mustangs.
I'd think this colour could suit the red highlights of the Director model the best.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Ok so you saying if you got 5 Redlines allocated they are normal ones (standard) no options, then you will get one allocated with black roof? One allocated with spoiler? Cos Im not following

My dealer's allocation sheet showed Redline as one model/allocation, Redline with black roof as another, Redline special edition as another again. Manual and auto were separate again.

My dealer has only one Redline manual with a black roof allocated, but eight standard manual Redlines. I had no problems optioning the rear wing and the HF20s on mine, so presumably those are "unlimited".