Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
The factory wing is mounted to the outer edge of the boot lid so unless you wanted to leave the lip one on (why?) you would likely have holes in the middle of the boot lid (unless they are taped on?). Some dealers also told me the boot lid for the lip spoiler was different profile? to the wing one so genuine can only be done at the factory

Yeah I have nfi how they all mount etc really, so just a thought for now. Would def be **** if removing the lip spoiler left holes in the boot. Maybe someone can confirm how all the different spoilers mount?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Just wait till all the Motorsports sell out, then they will start gouging on regular Redlines.
Anyone for a $75k Redline?

No they won't they will just release another 300-500 and call it a mse-b

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
GMH don't give a flying *^#% they are letting the dealers bend people over on commodores, as the dealers need to make as money as they can in the next 6-12 months as the products they have to sell after commodore are uninspiring mobile appliances

if you are getting those kms out of those tyres please share with us all what your secret to long tyre life is
Maintain advised pressures, regular fortnightly pressure checks and adjustments, do your rotations and wheel aligments as specified and or required. Replaced the Potenza's with Good Year's only because of a 4 for the price of 3 deal. They recommended running at 40 psi also. I regularly run on sections of unsealed gravel road as well so yes i was suprised also. That's why i am chasing the tpms especially given no rotations with the staggered rims.

GMAC333

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF 2 white, future MSE Auto Red
Hey guys, been sweating all day after reading posts about dealers not playing fair with delivery charges.
Haven't had time to get to the dealer until this arvo and was ready to walk rather than be gouged, but all is good in the world :)
MS manual in red hot with T43 spoiler came in at just under 70k including 2500 DD.
That includes an additional 5 yr warranty option that the dealer has going for $1000, proviso is you have to have all your servicing done at their dealership. They still have 6 manuals and a couple of autos available.

Hi all I am a new member and long time Holden enthusiast. I have been watching these forums for the past month and cannot believe what some dealers are doing with price gouging. I still have a deposit down with my local dealer in melbourne's east for a MSE auto, he said his best price is $76500 drive away, with $5k dealer delivery. I have until monday morning to decide whether I want to go through with it, but feel I am being ripped off. Can anyone give me some possible dealers anywhere in Melbourne or outer Melbourne (I am prepared to travel) that will do a better deal as I will ring around tomorrow during the 4 day weekend sale. Any help would be appreciated please.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi all I am a new member and long time Holden enthusiast. I have been watching these forums for the past month and cannot believe what some dealers are doing with price gouging. I still have a deposit down with my local dealer in melbourne's east for a MSE auto, he said his best price is $76500 drive away, with $5k dealer delivery. I have until monday morning to decide whether I want to go through with it, but feel I am being ripped off. Can anyone give me some possible dealers anywhere in Melbourne or outer Melbourne (I am prepared to travel) that will do a better deal as I will ring around tomorrow during the 4 day weekend sale. Any help would be appreciated please.
4 day sale only applies to my16 cars. That price is a rip off for a motorsport, you should be paying $71 something. Call every dealer in Melb asap, there aren't many left. Try ferntree gully Holden they had the most left last I heard.

Matt2016VFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Yeah I have nfi how they all mount etc really, so just a thought for now. Would def be **** if removing the lip spoiler left holes in the boot. Maybe someone can confirm how all the different spoilers mount?

Hi spiderpig,
I can confirm the lip spoiler is held on by 3 plugs in holes in the decklid as well as waterproof double sided tape. So removing the lip spoiler would leave holes.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Thanks Redbadge, I'm just ripping up my share application in Bridgestone :), 64K km's out of a set of Potenza's, you'd have to be happy with that! As Zero was saying, the LMF a couple of pages back looks pretty impressive, you still concerned about your decision on colour? I reckon that SSVR in LMF looks great with the back-out but needless to say, that is only my opinion.
Yes Martin I'm impressed and i'm sure I'll be happy with LMF, feeling much better about it all now. The black outs will be staying because that's how she's arriving despite my previous pro chrome comments. I can get my chrome fix from my sv6. Even the black rims are growing on me because they pretty much have to....So have you ordered ssvr, manual in LMF also ? Have you considered the black roof as per the photos? I realise they are very limited.

BULLIT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus ISF

You are being RIPPED!
Walked into my local Holden dealer earlier today and they had a Director unspoken for, $72,600 Drive away, no discount and $4,000 Dealer Delivery, while I know I am over paying for Dealer Delivery and ultimately paying full RRP, they are limited and dealer offer to refund me if I don't want to go ahead.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
The only thing that spoiler 'spoils' is not the airflow tumbling down off the glass house of the vehicle but rather the look of the vehicle. I'm sure many people on this forum will love the highrise spoiler option though it really is a cosmetic add on that does nothing for high speed downforce. It basically just adds weight and is desiged to be aerodynamically benign so to not upset the real aero properties of the VF that were properly wind tunnel tested back in 2009-2013. The lip spoiler is also cosmetic though at least it does not pretend to be a proper rear aerofoil. No disrespect to those that purchase it....as long as you realise it just adds weight and is an afterthought to the pure VF design.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G'day GMAC333, Ring Brighton Holden first thing Monday, ask for Kay (she's great to deal with) Ph 9528 2222, they had 2 auto's left as of closing Friday night (manuals sold out) I reckon you'd be looking at 72K-ish DA. You'll pick one up cheaper than that, mind you the sort of review provided by Drive does nothing to keep prices honest, good luck with the search.