Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Not likely....
After Commodore, Holden has nothing that interests me, unless they can bring in a Corvette or Camaro.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Nope, I've had a VE SV6 and now own VF V8. I would not consider anything that isn't a V8.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
will there be a NG section added to this forum ... only commodore i will own is aussie made v6/8 rear wheel drive

BLASPHEMY....! :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
The new car will have a 9 speed auto, 230kw and All wheel drive. It will be faster, more economical , handle better and have much more tech than a VF. . ...............

huh???? you driven one?.... or work for Holden Marketing? :p

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
You have to remember the large sedan and wagon segment is shrinking in general. As others have said, many come to Commodore (myself included) seeking a V8 and those people wont be coming back. Of the V6 buyers, some of them liked the locally produced aspect and all of them will now be cross shopping the whole segment. If its a good car, they will get the piece of the segment it deserves.

My wife wanted a midsize SUV, I said I will get the V8 wagon this time and when they are gone I don't care what we get.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not a chance.
When a garbage brand like Kia can bring a rwd performance sedan to Australia, its truly a disgrace what Holden is offering us
This garbage brand is currently selling better stuff than most things Holden have sold over the years; interiors are better than any Commodore until VF as well. :)

I'll be sort-of interested in seeing what the Stinger is really like, too, but given it's auto-only I'm not sure I'll have any real interest.

I'm also not one of these people who'd refuse to buy a product which suited me perfectly just because I didn't like something Head Office did a billion years ago. If the new Commodore was the best product in it's space, I'd need some incentive to take 2nd-best just because Holden used to design & build cars here but they no longer do. HOWEVER, to look at it another way, it's exactly the same with Mr Bishi, except they've only been selling crap for the last decade so there's no way I'd have bought a Mr Bishi Anything; and Holden's immediate product line-up is looking like the only thing they'll have that's close to top of it's segment is the Astra (which has Golf to compete against, and Golf is now the same price so it'd be difficult to justify not buying the best).

So the short answer is - new Commodore isn't the type of car I'd be looking for, so I wouldn't buy one, however if I were in the market for a large Camrymobile I'd at least consider it & compare to it's competitors.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i blame the aust goverment and gm for what there done to holden and we need someone like trump to say australia first

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i blame the aust goverment and gm for what there done to holden and we need someone like trump to say australia first
Hey, we had Clive Palmer long before they had Donald Trump!
:D

*having tried to spear things off on a non-political tangent, quietly leaves the room in the hope the spearing worked*

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hey, we had Clive Palmer long before they had Donald Trump!
:D

*having tried to spear things off on a non-political tangent, quietly leaves the room in the hope the spearing worked*
god remember that idiot i think hi motto was FU#% Australia First. But back to the OP i won't buy an NG but maybe a Camaro or Corvette when they come to there senses and bring one out here

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Thanks for all the replies everyone! Seems like the general consensus is that very few will be considering the NG.

On another thread most people (including myself) have said that they intend to keep their VF indefinitely. However, thinking about it further, one of my benchmarks of when to update a car is when you see the same model (in various states of repair) being driven by P-platers.

Look at how many shitbox VT-VX (and even some later) commodores there are getting around.

Do we still want to be driving VF's when the inevitable happens and kids are picking them up for peanuts and they become synonymous with P-platers?

Just a thought... ;)