Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Go Red 426Cuda..

Yeah I'm thinking that. My VY SS was red. Loved it. Until it faded and had to be resprayed under warranty...Shouldn't be an issue now though. It works for Ferarri right . I still reckon the red GenF GTS looks better than all the other colours too...except Slipstream

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Yeah I'm thinking that. My VY SS was red. Loved it. Until it faded and had to be resprayed under warranty...Shouldn't be an issue now though. It works for Ferarri right . I still reckon the red GenF GTS looks better than all the other colours too...except Slipstream
Agreed re HSV. when I was contemplating an MY16 (before Spitfire was officially confirmed) Red was probably my favorite option because it is a standout when you see a new Redline on the road and partly because it's associated with Holden Racing. The Slipstream is a great blue, but my wife hates blue and more importantly I associate it with Ford...(so not an option for me)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I've got a red Gen F GTS that's seen +100k km and the paints looking great (although VF paint chips wayyyy easier than VE does). I'd love a Jungle Green or Slipstream Blue as an alternative colour as they work so well with all the black out of the air intake areas.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Any idea if the Motorsport and Director wil use the same steering wheel as the HSV cars or are the HSV steering wheels thicker?
Comparing photos, looks to me like HSV are using the same wheel as Redline except with an HSV logo in the middle.

GTR69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I've got a red Gen F GTS that's seen +100k km and the paints looking great (although VF paint chips wayyyy easier than VE does). I'd love a Jungle Green or Slipstream Blue as an alternative colour as they work so well with all the black out of the air intake areas.
Same paint, process, robots as VE although HSV bumpers painted elsewhere.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Same paint, process, robots as VE although HSV bumpers painted elsewhere.
Is it possible the paint's not adhering to the bonnet as well on VF, because aluminium?
Newest prior car I've had was 1995 (a VS), although I've looked after cars such as a 2005 Maxima & 1998 Liberty & 2008 Mazda3 & 2012 Toyobaru, and I've never seen paint as thin as on VF.
Maybe the same robots are applying the same paint - but less of it per car?