Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Anyone else got an issue where the auto wipers go on when the auto headlights activate? It only does one swipe but is very annoying
I don't think I've ever noticed the wipers to swipe on mine when the auto headlights kick in. Actually come to mention it i don't even know if i have auto wipers active?? I've never seen my wipers turn on by them selves when it begins to rain....

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I don't think I've ever noticed the wipers to swipe on mine when the auto headlights kick in. Actually come to mention it i don't even know if i have auto wipers active?? I've never seen my wipers turn on by them selves when it begins to rain....
You have to have the wiper stalk one click down.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
I purchased my VF SV6 2015 January of this year, i believe it was an ex-rental from Murphy Holdings and had just over 50k on date of delivery. After a few days of driving I noticed there is an occasional slap or slack in the driveline, have also heard a clunk coming from the rear end. Here is a list of issues iv'e had so far;

• Lack of power - seems to work up to speed, doesn't just go.
  • Delay in Transmission - found slight take up in driveline when going from coasting & then accelerating slightly to speed limit. Sometimes under this condition it feels as though the trans should downshift 1 gear as to 'not load the vehicle' as much.
  • Clunk in Driveline - around 25km/hr, when on/off accelerator.
  • Suspension - feels light & floaty, firm and abrupt, doesn't seem to absorb the bumps, if anything it feels like they come up through the dash, especially noticeable on the front passenger side.
  • Exhaust - seems awfully loud for a standard exhaust, almost seems like it drones in the rear, most noticeable under light or heavy load.
  • Steering - feels loose in centre position.
  • Boot - doesn't open fully
  • Front Passenger Seat - wobbles
  • Heater - is inconsistent
  • Rattle - coming from leather pad above instrument cluster
  • Mylink Issues - has frozen multiple times, have also had black screen
Haven't had much luck with the dealership i purchased from, so i went for a second opinion to another dealer. So far they have replaced the following;

• Throttle Body
  • Steering Rack
  • Boot Struts
  • RHF Park Lamp
  • Reverse Camera
  • Front Passenger Seat Frame
  • Sway Bar D Bushes
  • Torque Converter (which didn't fix delay in trans)
At one stage i had a loaner for 3 weeks whilst mine was at the dealership this gave me time to compare. The loaner had Instant throttle response, responsive trans with instant shifting through gears, no delays. Exhaust seemed as it should, nice and quiet & huge difference with suspension, which was cushier, the car felt like it hugged the road and absorbed all bumps without compromising comfort. I am now also experiencing a ticking noise under the hood, i have included a short video, (please comment if this is normal). I have spoken to Holden Customer Car and i now have an upcoming appointment with the district manger regarding all the issues with my car. Just wondering if anyone else has had any of the listed major issues and if you've managed to get them fixed?

Last edited:

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
You have to have the wiper stalk one click down.
Cheers thanks Cuda. Will give it a shot next time it rains :)
I think i have the stick at the moment all the way up and to be honest i still haven't got around to reading the user manual properly yet....7 months ongoing hahaha ;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Cheers thanks Cuda. Will give it a shot next time it rains :)
I think i have the stick at the moment all the way up and to be honest i still haven't got around to reading the user manual properly yet....7 months ongoing hahaha ;)
I just leave mine in auto mode i.e. one click down.
Test it with the garden hose mate.;)

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
"Occtec" Sorry to hear about your car problems. There few "lemons" around, hope it gets fixed or perhaps you should keep the loan car instead.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Thanks @KT11H, yeah unfortunately I believe one of those lemons is mine :( hopefully the district manager will see the car for what it really is and offer an exchange. As for the loaner, I already tried but the dealer I purchased from wouldn't have a bar of it. If there's anyone here from Adelaide, I recommend avoiding Metro Holden like a plague..

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Occtec,

Did you buy the car new or if second hand do you any knowledge of its history.

Can you list your issues in point form as it makes it easier for all of us to comprehend and thus respond to you.

thanks

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Holden is going to announce a "60 days cash back or replacement" for their vehicles as Australia production is coming to an end....Pity it is too late for some of the JC members or perhaps Holden doesn't have the confidence in Australian made vehicles?:D

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hi Occtec,

Did you buy the car new or if second hand do you any knowledge of its history.

Can you list your issues in point form as it makes it easier for all of us to comprehend and thus respond to you.

thanks

Just updated my post, yeah it was an ex-rental from Murphy Holdings, unfortunately i have no past history. Is that made available to the next purchaser by any chance? Cheers