Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Looks great ! Getting more excited by the day here.I'm about to loose my virginity !! ...... that's my V8 virginity just to make that clear. Spoke to the dealer last week our new pride and joy is on the way should land in Lyttleton port at Christchurch on the 19th he was not able to say when it will arrive in Dunedin but probably the end of the month. My five and a half month wait almost over !!
Nice, congrats. Yeah I only lost my V8 viginity 2 weeks ago! Why did I wait this long!!

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Nice, congrats. Yeah I only lost my V8 viginity 2 weeks ago! Why did I wait this long!!
Having grown up with v8 commodores, you've waited to own & drive the best one. (apart from a hsv lsa, wish my budget would've stretched that far).

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I finally picked up my Redline on Friday (thanks Walfers62!) and didn't tell the kids it was coming.

so I made it like any other school day run and dropped them off in the old car and after school lined up in the drive through queue in the Redline.

crawling through the pick up zone the kids were obviously looking out for the old car. The looks on their faces and the excitement when they realised it was me was absolutely priceless.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I finally picked up my Redline on Friday (thanks Walfers62!) and didn't tell the kids it was coming.

so I made it like any other school day run and dropped them off in the old car and after school lined up in the drive through queue in the Redline.

crawling through the pick up zone the kids were obviously looking out for the old car. The looks on their faces and the excitement when they realised it was me was absolutely priceless.
Awesome!!

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White

Congrats and enjoy!

Jj83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv
Had a chance to tint the windows, only darkest legal however i think it suits the colour of the car. Loving the new SSV however compared to my 2016 model, i feel that the 2017 model is more quiet, has anybody else noticed this?

Attachments

• ssv 3.JPG
    ssv 3.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 288
  • ssv1.jpg
    ssv1.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 290
  • ssv2.jpg
    ssv2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 283

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Looks great ! Getting more excited by the day here.I'm about to loose my virginity !! ...... that's my V8 virginity just to make that clear. Spoke to the dealer last week our new pride and joy is on the way should land in Lyttleton port at Christchurch on the 19th he was not able to say when it will arrive in Dunedin but probably the end of the month. My five and a half month wait almost over !!

V8 virginity.. right..

So your car delivery journey sounds complicated. Mine just came over the border from one state to another, and that was enough for me. A 5 1/2 month wait is long enough, but the last month is usually the longest. My wait was just over 4 months and that was long enough. Unfortunately, my new job took the shine off a little, but enough about me. About a week to go for you! I can't wait ;)

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride

Aw, your kids were excited.. my kids didn't care.. my 20 year old looked at it the day I picked it up; my 23 year old looked at it the night after when he got in and I started it up in the garage; my 17 year old had to get into it a week later because we went to a party...

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a chance to tint the windows, only darkest legal however i think it suits the colour of the car. Loving the new SSV however compared to my 2016 model, i feel that the 2017 model is more quiet, has anybody else noticed this?

Looks fantastic! Congratulations! SOAG looks great, and was almost the colour I chose when I first saw it.
There will be no difference to the noise level, as it only had cosmetic and new colour upgrades. Maybe your SOAG absorbs the sound? ;)