Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I definitely mentioned the throttle response in my posts here about my MSE. Being time poor doesn't help but if you find a free day take it down to the great ocean road, even better if its wet there will be less traffic and the MSE doesn't care, its on rails even with water on the road, trust me :)
G'day EternityDre, yes the Great Ocean Rd is fab, had my fair share of fun along there over the years. Plenty of good Rd's out the back too, Chum Creek Rd to Toolangi and the Warburton Cumberland Junc Marysville route is always a classic. TBH I knew I would have time constraints when I ordered the car but what can you do hey, it wasn't as though I could wait until next year. Not to worry, I'll be right come November (I hope), can still get away for a few hours here and there when the weathers OK.

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Gday gents, new member here been lurking for ages, congrats to all purchasing these fantastic cars. I just had to contribute to say that I saw a Spitfire MSE today, large black spoiler, black roof, and hood stripes. I could see it coming from a mile away and as it went past I think I cracked my neck trying to get a longer look. All I can say is wow, it looked tough, classy and menacing all in one go. Spitfire will be timeless imo.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
22 hours and 45 minutes to go till I pick up my new Director

Hi all

Forecast is for lots of rain and hailstones when I am due to pickup the car tomorrow. I have re-scheduled my delivery to take place at 1pm on Friday the 25th of August when the weather forecast is for nothing but bright blue sunshine and no rain or hailstones. 41.5 hours to go!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Noticed a few here commenting on throttle response. I owned a manual redline series 1 and was very happy with the take off at the lights but, my new manual Motorsport 6.2 litre takes off quicker and seems easier to move off than the 6 litre. I know it is about .3 or .4 of a sec quicker to 100kph but seems faster than that possibly due to an improvement in the throttle response of the MSE in Sport Mode. Am interested in anyone who had a redline series 2 and who has also driven a motorsport if they notice any difference in those two. Also I'm still after 5,000kms yet to see another MSE on the road...do any others really exist out there?
Don't forget the change in the diff ratio macman, that will play a significant part in getting off the line quicker. Considering these cars are speed limited and that limit can be reached in 4th gear, further increasing the diff ratio from 3.73 (manual) to 3.9X seems like a reasonable, cost effective option to improved acceleration, and no one would ever know. Regarding gearing, is the Tremec T56 fitted to the VF2 the same as what use to be referred to as the T56 Magnum, (the heavy duty version) rated to 650hp I think?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Gday gents, new member here been lurking for ages, congrats to all purchasing these fantastic cars. I just had to contribute to say that I saw a Spitfire MSE today, large black spoiler, black roof, and hood stripes. I could see it coming from a mile away and as it went past I think I cracked my neck trying to get a longer look. All I can say is wow, it looked tough, classy and menacing all in one go. Spitfire will be timeless imo.
G'day ratsmow, welcome aboard. That spitfire MSE didn't have the hood decal on it did it, seems Cuda has misplaced his.;)
What version have you ordered ratsmow?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi all

Forecast is for lots of rain and hailstones when I am due to pickup the car tomorrow. I have re-scheduled my delivery to take place at 1pm on Friday the 25th of August when the weather forecast is for nothing but bright blue sunshine and no rain or hailstones. 41.5 hours to go!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Great, that's all I F$#$ing need is hail!

I spoke to my dealer this afternoon. My car was / will be trucked from Adelaide to Melbourne today or tomorrow. It's been sitting in the freighter's holding yard for a week. Hope it's under cover! Apparently, it will change trucks in Melbourne, then onto Wagga. But, for some inexplicable reason, I've been told not to expect it until sometime "early next week". FFS how hard is it to get a car freighted from Adelaide to Wagga? It's been at the dealers since the 11th. Finance was held up due to no final invoice, then the final invoice had to be amended. Days passed. Here I am, two weeks later as of tomorrow and still no F#%$ing car, with hail forecast! I said I had no real gripes. But, now I feel like the dealer just doesn't give a flying F%$k!

I have no trouble keeping track of items purchased all over the world via eBay etc. But, a $70K car coming from Adelaide to Wagga just disappears into a bloody black abyss for 5 or 6 days. Unbelievable.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
G'day ratsmow, welcome aboard. That spitfire MSE didn't have the hood decal on it did it, seems Cuda has misplaced his.;)
You have no idea how right you are MN.

PS: Anyone in the market for a hammertone finish Motorsport?

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
I noticed the side decals on the hood but not the center one. I ummed and rrrd over the MSE and a GTSR and went with the GTSR. A lot of coin but it's the last and the missus was ok with it.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Great, that's all I F$#$ing need is hail!

Hi

Yes I know how you feel, if the Holden dealer let me pick up the car last Saturday my vehicle would be sitting safe inside a locked factory by now, I also hope my car is kept inside during the hailstones that are forecasted for tomorrow, nevertheless I am bringing 3 other car nuts with me to pick up the Director on Friday and we will go over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb "BEFORE" agreeing to drive it away.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I have no trouble keeping track of items purchased all over the world via eBay etc. But, a $70K car coming from Adelaide to Wagga just disappears into a bloody black abyss for 5 or 6 days. Unbelievable.

Don't worry Cuda, as soon as they quietly roll her out of the smash repair shop she'll be quickly shipped to your doorstep. :D