Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi

Well I must be showing my age, I always thought the fronts should be larger than the rears.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
I found sizing is still related to both temperature management and torque management. Required torque of the brake is still governed by the weight distribution, and brake must still deliver torque as a product of rotor diameter and caliper piston size.
In Zeta for example rear brakes are required to provide less than 50% of the torque, this allows for a smaller caliper that in turn allows a larger rotor that allows more heat dissipation to be packaged in the wheel.
Also more RWD cars are using larger rotors in the rear than in the front because rear brakes also play a larger role in electronic stability control and torque vectoring in addition to traction control.
All these features including automatic brake force distribution don't require the same clamping force as pure braking to a full stop, which is why you don't need the giant caliper.
Seems modern practice is to use the biggest rotor you can fit and then pick a caliper size to deliver the overall required torque. It is common to see larger rear rotor diameter due to this.

Komet163

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Only 9 sleeps to go! Once you get in it and drive you will feel the wait was worthwhile, I am sure. It took a while to clear the backlog after the BSM issue was discovered and resolved.
SILVER LINING: Delivery this month should qualify you for the 7 year warranty (in AU) or 3 yearr free servicing (in NZ) that earlier deliveries didn't.

Hi ute42,
Thanks for reply - that's two very good reasons and the 7 year warranty - what a bonus! Hopefully all special editions qualify for that.
Was still a teenager when I bought my first Holden 40 years ago and this will be my first New Holden so really looking forward to it!

Komet163

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Not that long resolved , ours was built Aug 23 , we picked it up Oct 6 with chrome door moulds , yours might take a bit longer to get to PNG , we’re in Vic , we had a call last week to see if we wanted our moulds changed to black , we don’t .

Ok sounds like they have fixed the issue with the black mouldings then. I was just starting to like the idea of chrome.
Sorry a bit misleading - I spend most of my time in PNG but the car will be delivered in Brisbane.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Beautiful day yesterday so went for a drive to Eildon-Jamieson pass with some of the crew, including my friend's new Type-R. One of the best drivers roads in Victoria, highly recommend if you haven't been.

I've pushed the MSE hard a few times but never on a proper road without traffic so yesterday was the first time I used performance mode and really pushed to see what the MSE was capable of. What a weapon! Torque vectoring was a revelation. The brakes were amazing and never faded, never got a heat warning, I'd brake late and carry speed into corners then accelerate out and the torque vectoring would grip the corner and slingshot the car out, what a feeling. Not only did I keep up with the Type-R (with a very capable driver) but when I was leading he had to push hard to keep up with me. "I scared myself a few times keeping up with you" were his words, from a good driver in a car that's been described are more capable than the Focus RS and we're talking tight, twisty mountain roads. My mates could not believe how capable the MSE was and were massively jealous of my exhaust (note I have a 385kw pack with 3.5" defilipo exhaust). This car exceeds my expectations every time, can't wait to take it to Philip Island soon for a track day where I can push even harder (without the risk of falling down a mountain).

Only negative: I have about 15 new paint chips, a few are really bad. This is despite having 2 layers of OptiCoat. The paint on these VFs is crap. It doesn't bother me too much because I bought this car to be used for exactly this, pushing hard on a mountain road, and you're going to get marks. But its disappointing how easily the paint chips, after 4,000km I have about 20 paint chips.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Dictum accumsan et libero rhoncus suscipit donec pretium aliquet lectus luctus eget, risus rutrum sit habitant inceptos etiam sociosqu praesent nibh aliquam accumsan vestibulum euismod quam cursus ut rutrum id viverra integer per nisi sit.

Last edited:

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Only negative: I have about 15 new paint chips, a few are really bad.

Hi

Treat the paint chips as momentos from your great journeys. The pics are great and happy to hear you had an enjoyable day with your MSE.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Very Nice Professor, the nitrate and red looks fantastic in the sun;). They are a hoot to drive as you now know. And so many SC kits available both here and in the US, the natural evolution option for the LS3:D
I think either better pistons (see recent threads RE: high performance tech / cold knock) and / or continuously variable valve timing is the Natural evolution option for the GenIV V8, as implemented in the GenV. Just that there’s more money to be made (spent) installing another motor on top and changing fuel and cooling and induction system. Not really “natural” or better.
Unless you are naturally inclined to spend like a Lemming.

DIRCBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Director
Hiyas, new guy obviously

Was looking to trade my 600kw genf GTS, ended up getting a great offer from Merc in mt.gambier re a brand new fully optioned A45. I’d given up on a director a couple months ago when city Holden told me don’t bother, there’s none left and I can’t irder one. paying top dollar online was only option

So anyway Merc sent me to Metro Holden to get the GTS looked at....and there was Director on the showroom floor...

I said what’s the go, is that the bosses? They said nah it’s for sale. I said how much drive away?

71k.....

I said done lol. I’ll pick it up later in the week when my finance is organised

Son of a gun grey, 174, built this month

Pure fluke

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hiyas, new guy obviously

Was looking to trade my 600kw genf GTS, ended up getting a great offer from Merc in mt.gambier re a brand new fully optioned A45. I’d given up on a director a couple months ago when city Holden told me don’t bother, there’s none left and I can’t irder one. paying top dollar online was only option

So anyway Merc sent me to Metro Holden to get the GTS looked at....and there was Director on the showroom floor...

I said what’s the go, is that the bosses? They said nah it’s for sale. I said how much drive away?

71k.....

I said done lol. I’ll pick it up later in the week when my finance is organised

Son of a gun grey, 174, built this month

Pure fluke
Got to be happy with that!

Why the sale of the GTS?