Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Maybe he does but he also knows your average cammed Commodore can't stop or turn.

VN S1, VT S1, VZ Alloytec, VE S1 were all fundamental firsts and arguably pretty average to completely crap overall. They got better though, heaps better.

If the Stinger only gets better, faster and stays affordable I can see potential. Factor in Korean mass production aftermarket upgrades and you might have 50% the cost for 90% the performance. Mustangs have caught on and the Camaro is coming. The world has changed.

Maybe your Commodore doesn't stop or turn but plenty do, and do it well.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
B04A9F50-9782-41C7-877A-C33479F238FD.jpeg
A slow faster than your car car.

On the internet chats never end.
Well, some people complain Commodores don’t stop...some paint their brakes...

Some have real ones.

Keep trying.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hahaha you seem hurt. I don't make the rules but your car is every second car in most Commodore clubs. It's nice but it's an average dunnydore with a cam and 4 pots. Difference between you and I though is I'm happy to admit it.

A shame you're in qld but I'll still invite you to join me at Sydney Raceway in August. My shout on to the track. I'll show you some fast fast cars and you can put your money where your mouth is.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Hahaha you seem hurt. I don't make the rules but your car is every second car in most Commodore clubs. It's nice but it's an average dunnydore with a cam and 4 pots. Difference between you and I though is I'm happy to admit it.

A shame you're in qld but I'll still invite you to join me at Sydney Raceway in August. My shout on to the track. I'll show you some fast fast cars and you can put your money where your mouth is.
Six pots. But I know you’re challenged.

Im not interested in other fast cars, You’re the one flapping your yap...how bad can your car School the rest of us?!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So only you can flap your yap and you're only interested in cars you can beat... got it.

The rest of who? Only you Mr cammed Stinger flogger, you're every 14 year old boys hero.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Stops better now...

I doubt anyone would consider a cammed Redline 'average'... Kia is for hairdressers.

What a limited view...
Kia badge still lacks street cred but stinger is starting to change that..

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
What a limited view...
Kia badge still lacks street cred but stinger is starting to change that..
No, I think it’s amazing...just not the holy grail...people talk it up online, in magazines...but every test is the forced induction Kia v NA Commodore? Why not put it up Flagship v Flagship, GTS LSA?

It’s about as impressive as the new Opeldore to me.

My diesel Jeep has more bells and whistles.

You might think my view is limited, but I’m just not as astounded by this car.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
So only you can flap your yap and you're only interested in cars you can beat... got it.

The rest of who? Only you Mr cammed Stinger flogger, you're every 14 year old boys hero.
Go paint your brakes again...surely add 50hp.