Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 MY14 Caprice V withTPMS

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I was looking into Tyre pressure Monitoring System for our Caprice V and did not know it had it already. LOL, IDIOT!. I did a google on this and it said the Caprice had it and it does have it. Now I scrolled through pages and pages and photo's of TPMS for Holden and I saw a photo on a VF or WN (possible a Grange) that had a comic image of the car with 4 tyres and there pressure BUT IT WAS ON MY LINK not the center Display between the RPM and the Speedo. Was this photo that I saw could it be HSV Only, or this feature of the TPMS on MyLink only on cars that are entitled to have TPMS on later cars "eg" the 2016-17 cars.
Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone used this to reset and relearn on there car that has TPMS.
I have seen some videos on the VE or WM series of cars but not many info on the VF and WN series of cars.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
No doubt the valves has a Power Supply to transmit the tyre pressure. Trust me I know nothing about the TPMS on any car so the Valves use by Holden where and when do you change the Power source for the Valves? When you change Tyres or other.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
No doubt the valves has a Power Supply to transmit the tyre pressure. Trust me I know nothing about the TPMS on any car so the Valves use by Holden where and when do you change the Power source for the Valves? When you change Tyres or other.

The actual pressure sensor attaches to the inner end of the valve stem, its a sealed unit with an inbuilt battery.
When the battery finally goes flat, you need to replace the sensor.
Some TPMS tools can scan data from the sensors and show the battery health.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just brought an after market tpms unit i have on the vz just fitted with new wheels and tyres and the batterys are good for upto five years so it says in the book
there s a lot of youtube vids about how to replace the internal sensors or even the batterys

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just brought an after market tpms unit i have on the vz just fitted with new wheels and tyres and the batterys are good for upto five years so it says in the book
there s a lot of youtube vids about how to replace the internal sensors or even the batterys
Trust me I know Truck all about theses TPMS but I learning more and more each day. Yes seen a few on Youtube but need to look mainly for the ones use in Holden

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have one of these EL-50448 in blue though and it works on my MY17 Redline with TPMS.
Yes I have it in "my watch" in our ebay account and I will buy it. Tell me does it tell you the Battery Condition? Can't see anything about Battery Condition for the valve itself. Also IN "BLUE" whats the Difference?Most are orange.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The actual pressure sensor attaches to the inner end of the valve stem, its a sealed unit with an inbuilt battery.
When the battery finally goes flat, you need to replace the sensor.
Some TPMS tools can scan data from the sensors and show the battery health.
Interesting!!!
Possibly if you buy them new the battery could be flat or do they have a slip off tap to active them. Again I know noting about them

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Interesting!!!
Possibly if you buy them new the battery could be flat or do they have a slip off tap to active them. Again I know noting about them
I bought a set for some spare wheels, the battery is inactive until it senses rotation.
I think in a Holden it needs to rotate, speed above 16km/h for 20 seconds, before the system activates, and reads the current pressure.
Before that, it will retain the previous pressure readings.
The factory sensors in my Maloo wheels are over 8 years old now, and still has very good battery health.