Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads

robgm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 2005
Now it’s time for new brake pads. I would rather just get the standard Holden/GM ones but I have a feeling they’re not available anymore plus are they expensive? It’s always had service at Holden in the past, and they put on pads in Nov 2016:
GM92155977 $126 Pad kit front disk brake
GM19346646 $72 ACD1332 Bk Pad

What’s a good alternative that’s not going to mess up my rotors? Also maybe cheaper, OEM? Repco pads look ok...
Also; The rotors were machined in 2016 as well.. not sure if that matters.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The bendix ultra premium from supercheap are good. Sometimes you see them half price. Most name brand pads are ok for normal driving.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Bendix general ct will perfectly fine for stock replacement

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Bendix general ct will perfectly fine for stock replacement
Yes, and I've heard these are the same as the supercheap ones. Supercheap just labels them different to be exclusive

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
General CT on a standard car, nothing fancy needed unless you're racing. Whatever you do do not use super stop or true stop what ever they are called. Garbage pads, explains the price.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I have had my rotors and pads sitting on the bench for 2 months threatening to change them.
Pads Front Bendix DB 1331 CT $55/set
Pads Rear Bendix DB 1332 CT $61/set
Rotors Front DBA 040E $136/pair
Rotors Rear DBA 041E $128/pair
Total $380
My rotors are good but I always change rotors when changing pads.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Why change rotors when you don't need to? That's like replacing the wheels when your tyre's wear out!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Why change rotors when you don't need to? That's like replacing the wheels when your tyre's wear out!
Rotors should be at least ground when pads are renewed, so why grind when new rotors are around the same price, not to mention better than grinding old rotors down.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I just installed some Forsa FP2 brake pads in the front, picked them up from Brakes Direct in QLD. Shipping took 1 day

I never had the discs skimmed, as they were nice and smooth without any real lips or grooves, but I did go over them with some 800 wet and dry and brake cleaner to remove the old pad material from the disc so the new pads had something clean to drop a layer on.

Old pads were QFM HPX.

After bedding them in they have good cold bite, good feel, and seem to be as good if not better than the QFM HPX.

Will grab some Forsa FP1 for the rear when they are needed.

Reactions: Lex
H

harrop.senator

I've got the protex police pack pads on Mrs statesman. Veales only the Bendix ultimate in the db1344 part number.

She lives really close to the city and is always in traffic. They never got up to temperature and glazed. The DBA slotted rotors were warped after 7k. So I fitted a much softer pad , been 5k now , no issues and pulls up really well.

They'd definitely fade with a hard time but have had zero issues for daily driving and were $30 a set vs $120.

I'd moved houses and went to a different veales . He looked up the number and only had Bendix ultimate in that part number. He said he'd never reccomend them for daily driving in traffic as is a common complaint.