Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So you're saying, don't get your super cash to help get into the housing market....Just throw the hands in the air and give up.....No wonder people get nowhere seeing that rubbish...

Have you read anything I’ve been saying? Allowing open slather on super is just a cruel trick to transfer peoples super money into the hands of those who already own a house!

Hypothetically if the government said tomorrow “everyone can access $100k from super to buy a house” what do you think would happen to house prices the next day? They won’t go down, that’s for sure!

Geez, $772K for a house in my neck of the woods is something by the sea, with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 6 car garage and a licence to piss on people you don't like walking past.

Seriously, you don't buy a property that you can't realistically afford...You live within your means...And if that means a 2 bedroom apartment worth $200K, that's what you buy.....Not some 6 bedroom mansion....

No one wants to live in Adelaide and even if we did, guess what would happen to house prices if all of a sudden there were a million jobs in Adelaide and everyone wanted to live there!

The average person would be priced out of the market because there wouldn’t be sufficient houses to go around!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No one wants to live in Adelaide and even if we did, guess what would happen to house prices if all of a sudden there were a million jobs in Adelaide and everyone wanted to live there!

The average person would be priced out of the market because there wouldn’t be sufficient houses to go around!

Wow 200k for an apartment I wish.

I don't know where they're hiding those because I bet they would sell pretty fast.
https://www.domain.com.au/sale/adelaide-sa-5000/

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes there is a lack of houses being built, but they are still getting built....

We are going backwards. Housing starts are going down, despite the current housing situation. Probably due to all the builders going bust due to being underwater on fixed contracts.

The boom bust cycle of the building industry could be solved if the government stepped back into the business of building houses.

The government would have a set pipeline of houses to be built and tradies/contractors would have surety on what was going to be built in say the next 12 months rather than the current piecemeal approach. When the sector goes bust the government picks up the slack.

Building social housing was actually recommended to the Australian government during COVID by the IMF but Scummo threw that out of the window (because the LNP always punch down) and decided to give rich people money to renovate their kitchens instead.

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/i...n/building-approvals-australia/latest-release

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Build new homes. Incentivise the private sector to build more homes through tax incentives and get the government (state and federal) building public housing again.
Sounds great.
How do we find the trades to do so?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Have you read anything I’ve been saying? Allowing open slather on super is just a cruel trick to transfer peoples super money into the hands of those who already own a house!

Hypothetically if the government said tomorrow “everyone can access $100k from super to buy a house” what do you think would happen to house prices the next day? They won’t go down, that’s for sure!

It's aleady in accessing your super for a house deposit....Have the prices of houses jumped up 50% as a result? Nope....

How the heck is accessing your super to fund YOUR house deposit putting it in the hands of someone else that already owns a house?

House prices....

My Mother lives 10 minutes from the ocean in Brissy...The house next door to her sold 3 months ago for $500K....

It's a 3 bed, 1 bath lowset brick on 700 square and a carport....

My Mums house is a 3 bed highset brick, on 700 square...Value $600K...House is 40 years old

So much for the medium price being $772K

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wow 200k for an apartment I wish.

I don't know where they're hiding those because I bet they would sell pretty fast.
https://www.domain.com.au/sale/adelaide-sa-5000/

That's an example...

ACT apartments I saw starting round the $365K mark and up from that...

Like everything, patience is key....

I spent 6 months looking and waiting for the right value block of land before I pulled the pin on the one I bought...I could have bought sooner, but wasn't happy with what was round for the money

Has been mentioned...Buy within your means and you can get what you want if you want to...But people are just throwing their hands in the air with the "I'll never afford a house" bullshit and making all the bullshit excuses under the sun over it.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's aleady in accessing your super for a house deposit....Have the prices of houses jumped up 50% as a result? Nope....

House prices....

My Mother lives 10 minutes from the ocean in Brissy...The house next door to her sold 3 months ago for $500K....

My Mums house is a 3 bed highset brick, on 700 square...Value $600K...House is 40 years old

I’m all for moving where you can afford, it’s what we did early on, but it’s not as simple as that to be fair. You need to factor employment, family, education, supports, etc

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

How the heck is accessing your super to fund YOUR house deposit putting it in the hands of someone else that already owns a house?

House prices....

So I just checked, my super is in growth mode, they claim it's doing about 8.66%

https://propertyupdate.com.au/house-prices-in-australia-over-the-last-10-years/

It looks like my super money is making more than a house.