Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bored cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
The other day i was out for a cruise when a cop car pulled into the street behind me. he followed me for about 10 mins tryin to get me for somethin and when he realised i wasn't gonna do anythin wrong he pulled me over for a roadworthy check.
Now this had already pissed me off but then he sat there for a good half an hour going over my car. Of all things I got done for being 2mm too low and for having my SPARE tyre on! I had gotten a flat that very day and being a sunday no tyre joints were open. I showed him the flat in the boot and the bastard says ' Oh you really do have a flat we thought you must have been doin burnouts'. I was f**ken fuming.
After all this a $180 fine and a major defect so i need a new windscreen a lifted car and a new rear tyre to pass the roadworthy AND 100 bucks for the roadworthy. Is this fair or is it just bored cops with nothin to do on a quiet sunday?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Tough break.

I've been pulled over a few times but never had anybody say anything about my windscreen, even though if you look its pretty obvious.

Not all cops are ****s though, been let off through them being in good moods/whatever. Got clocked at 110 in an 80 zone and got off with a warning, also on youtube theres a video i posted of a cop who showed up on a CT cruise when we were down on Lorimer Street and was asking what we were doing, etc, got names and such.

He then proceeded to light up a cigarette and waited around for a bit until his colleagues had finished, then on leaving one of the guys said "do a burnout" so he gets in the divvy van and puts the foot on the brake and gives the accelerator a little bit of a push. Nothing happened of course, but was just a weird that a cop would do that

But yes, some are ****ed and bored and need to get over it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Cops can be so pathetic

Yes so pathetic when they do their job...surely your spare tyre was roadworthy? Surely you knew your cars ride height was too low? Surely you knew your windscreen needed replacing?

Sorry, but these are all easy things to abide by bud, they are just doing what we pay them too.

Get it fixed, pass the roadworthy and no issue, at least if you didnt know before hand what was wrong you do now.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Yes so pathetic when they do their job...surely your spare tyre was roadworthy? Surely you knew your cars ride height was too low? Surely you knew your windscreen needed replacing?

Sorry, but these are all easy things to abide by bud, they are just doing what we pay them too.
QUOTE]

2mm too low is a bit rough. There is a difference between doing a job, and being an asshole. I dont pay them to be an asshole, I pay them to SAVE LIVES

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i dnt get y they even bother defecting nice cars they should be defecting the rusted out buckets that look like there about to fall apart not the nice cars we put lots of time n effort into keeping nice.

its all revenue raising and its all bullshit

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I think its fair. Don't have a defectable car and they can't defect you :)

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector

QUOTE]

2mm too low is a bit rough. There is a difference between doing a job, and being an asshole. I dont pay them to be an asshole, I pay them to SAVE LIVES

Too true, I got done for 3mm too low in my old N13 Exa. Was well pissed.

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
Fair enough minux, but my spare tyre had full tread, but he said that i wasn't allowed to use it because it was 15" and my others are 18" and i need an 18" spare. So I asked him if space saver tyres were 18" and he said it's different, thats it!
And my windscreen isn't cracked or chipped or anything, and I didn't get pulled up about it by the cops, the roadworthy joint said i needed it cause theres a fine scratch from my windscreen wipers. It's just a bitch knowing theres another thing that 'needs to be fixed' when i bet ya half the cars on the road have a less than perfect windscreen on em.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Too true, I got done for 3mm too low in my old N13 Exa. Was well pissed.

The law states it must be at a certain height. Its like getting caught for going 1 to 2 over the speed limit. You're still not complying by the rules, even if it is only fractionally, it is still not meeting the minimum required height

Status
Not open for further replies.