Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!! i am an idiot

ivanski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series 2
Everyone knows you can't do a burn out that way! "Hairy Eater" said the back wheels. I'm sure he meant the front ones.

You've got to tie your diff to something solid like the water meter or the back of your mum's Corolla.

Sure some oil under the wheels and a 5000RPM click into drive will get it started (hold in Reverse for a second) but you'd be better off using your Ponds pimple cream. Read the tube's ingredients. It has "viscosity modifiers" and "a smooth even spreading properties".

At the Ponds institute they wear white coats so you know they're on to something. Just because the arms are tied behind their backs has nothing to do with it being a mental institute.

When your Dad catches you, you'll loose the keys and that's one less idiot for Channel 7 to report on "street hoons terrorising our neighbourhoods"

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Do you have good tires on?? Put on some stockies.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Remember burnouts are illegal and hopefully it's done on private property. I wouldn't bother killing the VT, just pick up a VN Commodore and that'll do the trick, plus there not that expensive.

ef_classic

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF S2 classic
put it in neutral rev to it starts to hit the rev limiter and then drop it in d

lol, i hope everyone here doesnt do this to there commodores!!!!

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
u guys are a bunch of assholes. if someone wants to go do burnouts so fkn wat! its not your car, if it gets wrecked. if people wanna waste money doing it, so wat. poor bastard just asked how to rip a skid. all was needed was a simple answer.

*p.s. just my drunken new years rant* lol

ivanski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series 2
Trouble is when everyone in the neighbourhood wakes to hearing wheels spinning in the middle of the night, they associated it to the kid up the road with the hotted up Commodore. When that just happens to be me, although I was safely in bed dreaming of how I could afford ported heads, it makes anyone with a modified car a target.

Dont worry, he'll eventually figure it out. I did at 17 in my first car, a 1976 TD Cortina. Much to my cost & anoyance, my mates and earlier advice in this post, reving it and dropping into D made a mess of the Borg Warner 35 box.

I'm forty now and must admit the occasional "accidental" sideways discretion around a corner but knowing when it's less risky comes with age.

Are the fireworks on yet??? In the sky not on the rear tyres I mean.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
u guys are a bunch of assholes. if someone wants to go do burnouts so fkn wat! its not your car, if it gets wrecked. if people wanna waste money doing it, so wat. poor bastard just asked how to rip a skid. all was needed was a simple answer.

Why should we tell him how to do a burnout? If he can't work out how to spin em up in a V6 commo, should he really be driving one? Like some of the other guys have said, it's not rocket science. It's a simple matter of the correct balance between brake and accelerator which is NOT difficult to find. Oh and TC off if the car has it, but VT execs didn't even have TC as an option if memory serves.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

I couldn't care less if he wrecks his car... If he wants to learn to drop a burnout then take it to the track and ask someone there.

1. What if he attempts advise off here in the local streets and kills himself or someone else after he looses control....who's to blame ?

2. Cops have better things to do that waste there time giving out defect notices, confiscating licenses, and impounding hooligans cars.

3. Street Machine Enthusiasts dont need ANYMORE curfews and laws restricting what they can and can do with their car just because of a minority of teenage tools who drop burnouts in the streets and end up causing accidents that kill.

FFS look at the laws the L and P platers have now...what do you want a choice of driving the rest of you life ?
Toyota Prius ???

:ranting:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

No my friend you are the A-hole !

You think if he replied to any of the post's it may not have gotten this far ?
The burnout king has started this thread and never bothered to look back into it...