Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

windows vista

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I won't be installing Vista, as juzza informed me its not compatible with turbolister.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
popular thread ftw

question for all computer minded's:
im currently running xp on a sata drive and ubuntu on an ide. When i was writing my witty post earlier my computer froze. I reset it and it said "error cannot read master hdd 4". I then tried to boot xp on my sata and it said 'file not found', and when i tried to access my sata partions on ubuntu it came up with nothing there.

I then switched the computer off and everything started as normal, and im now running active smart which is telling me my hdd's are normal.

This is leading me to believe its my motherboard.. i kinda skimped on it when i bought my new pc and its had nothing but problems... not multitasking well, video card siezing up, sound going distorted etc... this hdd problem just adds to a growing list. So I think it's either my motherboard, or every other part of the computer at the same time... What do all you computer junkies who are reading this thread think?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Do you knowhow hot your bridges are?? you may just be over heating either north or south depending on the issue....

aZk.... what i mean is do you have a like a pc probe style utility whihc will indicate temps... itprob just a **** MB

aZk.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
neg... point me in the right direction!
cheers
bezz

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
how often does this happen and usually when?

aZk.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
only happened as of late, and only the second time. First time about a week ago, i left it on the desktop and when i had come back it had rebooted and was telling me about hdd errors. Secondly, about 20 mins ago when i was writing in this thread, it just siezed up and did the same thing when i reset it. I might backup the stuff on my hdd after just in case.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Well ill be going to vista because i have a new system coming in the next few weeks, i figure i might as well get an OEM version of vista now rather than a retail one later (a ****load cheaper for the OEM)
Ill get it and see how it goes, if it sucks ill stick XP back on and wait till vista gets a service pack or something and see where im at. I rather buy it now cheaply when i have the chance that but it later (or stuff around with a pirated version like i did for xp for a while)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline