Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sunburn... fighting the heat,

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
nooooooo sean ill kill you
hehehehe

ps hot showers brings out the redness pain and stinging hurnts like hell but hot showers work

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
haha mate i got that burnt 2-3 weeks ago and my arms only stopped peeling like a week ago.... its a bitch... i was stranded in the bush with no shade next to an oversize piece of metal that broke down (damn i hate my brothers car) on a 38 degree day in MELBOURNE so imagine what is was in the bush (between bendigo and ballerat) next to a car that wont start for 6-7 hrs.... my arms were completely red put aloevera on and it usually works NOT THIS TIME.... and all i did when i noticed it didnt work was walked around with a wet face towl and just kept wiping my face or just let it sit on my face when i was sleeping..... man that was a hard day... o well just go buy some aloevera and hope it works:D put it on like 2-3 times a day (its cheap enough) and just hope it works:D:D:D

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
I am very fair skinned and going bald and therefore get caught out many times without sunscreen.
An old guy I met in the local Deli, he was a Prospector in Kalgoorlie for over 40years, told me to cut a tomato in half and rub that on my sunburn. He approached me because I looked like I had tried to deep fry my head.
Anyway I tried it and the redness and pain was gone by the morning. A tomato from the fridge feels better (ice cold) but warm or cold it does the trick.
The downside is it can sting a bit at first and dries the skin quickly so I now put moisturiser or Aloe Vera on the next day.
Try it as it most certainly works for me.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lol, ah i know the feeling of bad sunburn - i have red hair and ill get burnt just even thinking about being in the sun.
aloe vera does work, but getting it straight from the plant stinks, is sticky and leaves a green gross film on your skin, lol...i find that this green aloe vera gel stuff works wonders, i think its made by banana boat.
if ive been in the sun too long and i can feel the sunburn setting in, when i get home ill layer the gel on constantly. like every 15mins apply a thick coat and just let the skin soak it in, if you treat it quickly it wont end up as painfull or bad and can even prevent it from peeling at all.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Pretender, i have heard of that tomato idea, never really tried it tbh.

Holden2gether

The short,chunky fella
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Make up some ice water then soak and old face cloth in it (the cloth is worn and aint so hard),squeeze most of the water out then just drape it over yer mug.Might sting abit at first but once it's cooled your face the sting will disappear,don't leave it on for any longer than a 20 minute period tho!! The recommended 'medical' way to treat any burns.:thumbsup:

Good luck with it dude,I reckon the worst sunburn I had was on the tops of my feet,did it on a friends yacht on the first day of a long weekend,spent the rest of the weekend with my feet over the side in the sea just to cool them off! couldn't wear socks or shoes for about 4 days after that either which was a bugger as I had to wear steel caps for work so I was off work for the week.....Boss had no sympathy,miserable s**t :(

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Use banana boat aloe vera spray, it is great for sunburn, make sure you get 2 or 3 bottles though, it feels really good so you sit back and spray it almost constantly.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Any kind of Aloe cream/ spray, just put it in the fridge before hand.

Make sure you put it on a fair bit. Cold showers, water and shade.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I know the feeling. Right now my legs are burnt to a crisp... Kinda like a disgusting looking bright red.

It hurts to walk, feels like they're cramping or something... and my legs are hard as a rock.

I've been putting aloe vera on for days, and it's sorta helping...