Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HRT Enduros

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Hi all...Has anyone heard that Glenn Seton has signed with HRT for the Endurance races for 07?

Trei

The Skaife Fan Man.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
Seton has signed with HRT as far as I know,

he's also most probably going to be driving with Skaifey.

Finally, that elusive Bathurst win will come ... for one of the only few, decent Ford men !

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Do we know who else HRT has signed? And when are they releasing there new car?

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
i heard they will release it at clipsal

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
man
this is the one reason i want to go to clipsal.. to see the VE ( i just cant afford to..saving for my car+mods and all)
wonder if they will put rick and todd kelly together

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
there not allowed to put rick and todd together, even though, when it comes to testing they are classified as one team.. If they are classified as one team, then they should be able to chop and change for the enduros....

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
then they should be able to chop and change for the enduros....

im not too sure, but that may have been changed, after last year a lot of people complained about it saying they were cheating because the teams are so close together. i remember neal crompton saying it may be changed for 07

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
No one ever complained about Fabian Coulthard, who was driving for PMM all year, drove for TKR in the enduros. No one had a problem with Mark Noske stepping out of his own team to drive with Ambrose a couple of years ago. Suddenly Walky does it and all hell breaks loose.

The proposed solution to this was to force all regular drivers to stay in their own cars for the enduros - and pair each of them with a ring-in, rather than putting the two regulars together in the lead car, and raffling off the drives in the other car to whoever had the biggest wallet. This was investigated by TEGA and abandoned. Pity, it would have made the enduros even more interesting.

AFAIK there is nothing in place to prevent the cross-team swap from happening again. In the past few years GRM, PMM & FPR (at least) have sacked contracted drivers part-way through the season. Anything which would prevent the Kelly swap would also prevent this from occuring. What WILL prevent it from happening again is the public backlash which would occur should they try it again. Plus I reckon that to get Tander to sign on the dotted line to extend his contract to the end of 2008, they would have had to guarantee not to do that to him again! He would have won the Championship had he been paired with Rick and got those same results, after all!

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
He would have won the Championship had he been paired with Rick and got those same results, after all!

Shoulda woulda coulda but didn't...Unfortunately thats the lack of the draw...Had Skaifey had a reliable car, he would have won the championship hands down...Skaife had the fastest car all year..Sandown he was leading, then the steering broke...Bathurst he was on pole, but then the clutch went haywire at the start and the rest is history...

Tander can and will win the Championship, and I think the pendulum is about to swing Holdens way in terms of championships again...:w00t: We can now remove Jason Bright from the Championship running, I think he will struggle..Ingall can also be removed...So there might be 3 or 4 Ford drivers, and i reckon double that for Holden drivers....Bring on 2007...