Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heres how 2 remove jammed cd's from Blaupunkt sterio.

screwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
A cd got jammed in my stereo a few weeks ago so I got a quote from a few places which all said it would cost around $150-$200 2 remove. I had it in at holden for a separate issue a few day's ago and mentioned it 2 the guy in the service department who came out and had a look. With the ignition off he pulled out the 2 fuses marked (radio/cell phone) and then put them straight back in and sure as hell the cd came straight out. Apparently it is a quite common problem with these stereos so I thought it might save some of u guys a bit of money and heartache.

Last edited:

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
If this is the error that occurs when your player decides to "eat" your cd, same result can be achieved by disconnecting, then re-connecting your battery.

screwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Thank's for that but if u do it this way u dont have 2 enter any codes or reset radio stations like u would if u disconnected the battery.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
You dont have to re-enter codes when you disconnect the battery, trust me.

screwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
vy

well u learn a new thing everyday.....I have only had my vy for a couple of months but the other cars i have had have lost there memory settings when u disconnect the battery....but now i know THANKS.:thumbsup:

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
You may still have to re-input your radio stations (dont know, never use the radio) and you do have to reset the clock, but yeah, i've never had to input the secruity code.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Krazyboris is right, disconnecting then reconnecting the battery is another way to solve this, but I spose it amounts to the same thing as pulling out the fuse really. Some guys also pull out the head unit and replace it, which will also amount to the same thing.

FYI, when you disconnect your battery, you don't lose your radio station presets. The only thing you have to reset is the clock. :thumbsup:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Doesn't it depend on how long the battery/fuse is disconnected for?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Doesn't it depend on how long the battery/fuse is disconnected for?

Yeah probably. I've had my battery disconnected for a couple of hours before and didn't lose the radio station presets.

Perhaps really long periods will cause the memory to be lost...

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Im assuming this is only for the single stack and not for the 6 stacker.
I tried it with mine (4 cds stuck and its saying mechanism error) and didn't work unfortunately.
Does anyone have any idea if there is a trick to get these ones out ?
I've tried to pull the whole player out with the coat hanger trick but it wont budge either.