Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT with factory fitted HBD Kit

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
VT, HSV Manta Kitted - now on super lows

Well since my old thread has gone to cyber heaven I thought I would post up a new one.

Name: Ritchie
Car: 1997 VT Executive
Engine: Standard V6
Mods 2 1/2 exhaust with Lukey Muffler
Power: 110 rwkw
Suspension: Pedders Super Lows, Monroe GT Gas Shocks and Struts, VY-VZ Strut Brace, Nolathane Bushes.
Wheels: RJR Eclipse 18"
Body Kit: Holden By Design Manta Kit, Series 1 Calais Grill, Clear side indicators, Series 2 Tail Lights
Interior: VX Leather Calais Seats
Sound System: Alpine CDM-787EB head unit with stacker, Apline 6x9's and 6 inch up front
Tint:Black Pearl

Future mods:Respray (pearl tint), Forced Induction. :D

The car was bought as a daily driver for my wife to use to take to work so we could sell her little Getz. I sold my 2004 Yamaha R6 to purchase the car. It seemed riding on the road was getting more dangerous each year, so it was time to hang up the helmet.

Like anything I do I always get the bug to get in and change things. I have always had modified cars and learnt a lot from my dad who was a Mechanic and was a very good motorsport wheel man. Many a championship won by him in his early years. Whilst this is not my first commodore, it is the first one with a buick V6 in it. I believe there is plenty of potential in the humble family V6. Whilst a V8 always has the mumbo there is some fun to be had with non modified V8's ;) :lol:

So what started as a car just for my wife to drive to work is now taking on some modifications. Whilst it is taking some time to achieve the final goal we are enjoying the time with Commodore owners and the great friendships formed in the modified car scene.

What we started with

commodore006yx8.jpg

p9210018edim8.jpg

p9210020edie6.jpg

Interior (standard apart from the aftermarket cruise that was fitted from the last owner and Alpine sound system)

p9210022fu9.jpg

p9210023hp6.jpg

Then it was a pair of Calais Grills and some new window tint.

vt2ad7.jpg

vt4og7.jpg

I purchased a set of 18" RJR Rims and put some nice new rubber on them. This really changed the look of the car for the better.

dscf0299ii6.jpg

dscf0300sb2.jpg

I also found the time to install my series 2 tail lights (at long last)

dscf0302zj8.jpg

New zorst tip went on and cleaned up the rear of the car. The old chrome end did not fill the gap and look pretty poxy

dscf0321xx7.jpg

dscf0327nw0.jpg

Stay tuned for more mods and transformations on the car over the next 12 months.

Last edited:

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
nice car mate would look great lowered :thumbsup:

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
Now she is sitting a little lower, as I replaced my standard springs with out of a VX GTS. She is still a bit high but practical for how we drive it and our driveway. Also replaced all of the bushes with nolathane ones. Car handles so much better now.

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
look nice mate, HBD kits look so nice.

those rear VX GTS springs look like low front springs rather than rears..lol