Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing front seats

C

Co0kiE MoB$tA

the springs are starting to come thro on my driver seats, how hard is it to get the seat out? i cant figure it out, any ideas cheers :eek:

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
well... best idea is to get the RIGHT size allum key! and do NOT round ONE bolt or ur in __it! it'll either take half an hr or 4 hours to get those 4 screws out of each chair.

i took mine out a week and a half ago, rounded a head, tryed to drill it out for an hour and a half... couldn't... tried taking to the head with a hammer and chizzle, no good... multi grips didn't come close... last solution was taking to it with an angle grinder... stuffed the rail in the process...

needa weld a new piece of metal in there for the new bolt i gotta tap. apparently the screws are dipped in some glue when first fitted.

more work than I EVER imagined.... be patient lol, good luck bro

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
ditto ^^^^ same exact thing happened here! lol damn allen keys.... GGRRR!

ah ha heeeelloooooo angle grinder! :yeah: :whistling

D.

R

rattattack1313

try appplying some WD 40 1st....top and bottom.........clean out the allen key hole of debris as well........( a bit late shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, i know....)....

DenchY

project status = ongoing
Reaction score
Members Ride
86' VL 323ci
I bent my allen key... seats are still in there...!!

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
if you unbolt a part of the seat from the railing you can move it a bit and then you can get a allen key socket onto it...thats how i did it but it was a while ago so i've forgotten which bolts and nuts they are

B

Bundybeardan

i have never seen or heard of a smooth removal. With mine i used INOX and hammer set the allen key and still had trouble. If you are bending allen keys you better get out the grinder :yeah:

DenchY

project status = ongoing
Reaction score
Members Ride
86' VL 323ci
ill have to try those "hardend allen keys" and use more force... :D

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
lol stop buying allen keys from supercheap or the bodgey ones out the front @ bunnings. If it costs more, its for life.

The hard glue is actually loctite (which is a brand i know but ask for it). You should be putting it back on every time you take them out. If the seat is loose in an acco, it will shear folks, dont play tim the toolman with engineered parts. Heat is another way to loosen but if your metal glows red, you are changing the properties of the metal and it will soften, cracking the surrounding support.

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
lol so how did u go cookie mobsta? ... if u need an angle grinder... hola =P