Just Commodores General Rules:
These are the new rules/guidelines as discussed by JC Admins/Mods. These can be viewed in any forum at the top of each section under announcements. It is expected that users are aware of these changes.
The following rules are in place at Just Commodores, please read them carefully. These rules and Guidelines are subject to change without notice.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising and spamming is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. General, 'how-to', etc. questions, this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- Just Commodores do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Just Commodores community standards. The Just Commodore team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities (burn outs, street racing and excessive speeding) on public roads is not allowed.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are also not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Linking to other forums will not be tolerated, many sites also have this rule in place, for this reason we will follow the same reasoning, any links posted will stay pending moderator and admin discretion.
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- No cross posting. Post your message once, to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.
- Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
- When asking "what's best" realise this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone have their own view about what's best in a certain area. So views will differ, please appreciate this when asking these questions.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to Just Commodores forums are a privilege and not a right.
- Trolling will not be accepted in the Technical parts of the forum. Posts in The Pub that would be considered trolling will generally be accepted due to the nature of some of the discussions that take place. These posts will be monitored by Just Commodores Moderators.
- Just Commodores Admin/mods reserve the right to edit any part of, or whole post, signature, user title, avatar or anything in breach of Just Commodores community standards without warning, consultation or question.
- Conspiring against members by creating hate groups to have them banned will not be tolerated, this includes negative rep of users or telling others to bait them. If we find this is happening, you will be banned. If there is a user you do not like, ignore them.
- Thread tags are not to be abused, these are here to help users search specific topics.
Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted. If a post is missed by a moderator that you feel violates any of these actions use the report post feature. If no action is taken it is generally due to the moderation team not finding it necessary to take action.
The infraction system is a warning system which alerts Just Commodores
Mods to members constantly breaking Just Commodores rules. Each
infraction has a level which involves points. After 5 points a 24 hour ban
will automatically be imposed. While some points will expire after a set time period more serious ones will not. Any
infractions you receive are final and can be viewed in your profile screen. these point structures are a guide only, no Just Commodores moderator or Admin has to follow these guidelines, it is at their own discretion.
The following system is now in place and will be adhered to by the Just Commodore Moderator Team:
Level 1 Infraction (1 Point)
Level 2 Infraction (2 Points)
- Incorrectly posted trading post thread
- Chat in Trading Post (First Offence)
- Inappropriate Language (While bypassing the swear filter will not get you an infraction from some mods it may from others, remember this.)
- Signature Rule Violation
- Inappropriate Conversation e.g.: Used in instances of trolling in the Technical Forums.
Level 3 Infraction (5 Points)
- Promotion/Displaying Illegal Behaviour
- Member Abuse (We all know what STFU and the likes mean, even as an acronym this will be considered member abuse.)
- Moderator Abuse
- Multiple User Names (Second Name will be banned)
- Chat in Trading Post (Second Offence)
- Spammed Advertisements (Discretion used)
- Misuse of Thread Tags[/I]
Advertising Services and Solicitation
- Racist Comments
- Spammed Advertisements (Discretion used)
Just Commodores do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitation in signatures is also prohibited. If you wish to advertise on Just Commodores email [email protected]
Signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Linking to a commercial product/service will not be accepted unless you are a site sponsor or without prior approval.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Just Commodore community standards.
- The Just Commodore team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- Signatures that mimic those of an Admin/Moderator are also not allowed without prior approval.
Animated avatars are reserved for donating members only.
Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed without prior approval.
At present current members or as I like to call them 'Registered - Full Members' of 3 months and with a minimum of 20 posts have the following abilities:
- 25meg in attachments.
- 100 Private messages (PM's).
- Profile pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 64kb in size.
- Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 20kb in size.
- No signature images or animations are permitted.
With any donation of $20 will not only give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping the site but give you the following:
- 50meg in attachments.
- 1000 Private messages (PM's).
- Profile pictures can be a maximum of 300x300 pixels and up to 150kb in size.
- Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 200x100 pixels and up to 120kb in size.
- Signature images can be uploaded and be animated to your hearts content.
Any donation beyond $30 and over will get as listed above plus the following:
- Your very own [email protected] email address, to start off with 50meg space although once Just Commodores move to our own dedicated this will be much higher, exact figure is unknown. You can make use as you would your 'normal' ISP account through Outlook, Thunderbird etc basically any mail application which supports POP3 / SMTP services and/or if you wish there is webmail available.
- Alternatively to the above you may elect an email alias instead which simply forwards to a preferred destination ie hotmail, yahoo or ISP email address.
- 10MB Web space ie username.justcommodores.com.au which can be used for anything legal, promoting your car, hobbies, heck skies the limit really.
To donate simply follow this link Donate Now
Just Commodores provides a section for members to advertise their cars for sale, parts for sale, general items for sale or wanted to buys. This system is only available to members who have been a part of JC for 90 days or more and have contributed 20 posts or more. This is to prevent people signing up just to sell items and leaving again. It also helps in trusting who you are buying from. People who abuse this system will not be allowed to continue using it. We also ask that you do not make pointless posts such as "Wow if i had the money i would buy it". Any off topic chat will result in an infraction being issued. If you are unsure of the rules for the Trading section please read the following: New Trading Rules - ALL USERS MUST READ AND OBEY OR YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED