Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need for Speed : Undercover

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
nfsucfmv1bu3.jpg

EA has released a sliver of new information on its latest instalment in the hugely popular Need for Speed series, Undercover.
EA notes that Need for Speed Undercover will take the franchise back to its roots, re-introducing break-neck cop chases, the world's hottest cars and spectacular highway battles.
The game is scheduled for release this holiday and will feature movie star Maggie Q (MI3, Die Hard 4.0) as the lead character in the "big-budget live-action sequences that propel the game's original story forward".
Need for Speed Undercover is being developed by Black Box and is scheduled for release in North America on November 18 and in Europe on November 21. The game will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP and PC.

NFS is going Hollywood. The upcoming story-intensive game will have you playing as a wheelman, an undercover cop who infiltrates a car thievery ring to take the crime syndicate down from the inside. The game will star singer-songwriter/actress Christina Milian (one of the stars of Chud guilty pleasure Torque) and Maggie Q (MI:3, Live Free or Die Hard) amongst a larger cast. These full motion videos are being directed by Joseph Hodges, who's most famous for being the production designer for 24.

nfsucfmv2je9.jpg

he thing that's immediately apparent is how they're trying to really make this a Hollywood production. No green screen nonsense here- it's real actors, real locations, and real cars. We saw a speech by the actor who portays the character you play as which gave a real good sense of the grittiness they're going for. It was apparently all improv, and very good at that. They're even making sure the videos have the same look and feel of the game. Course, it's way too early to tell how the game and videos will work together, but rest assured that besides this they're doing some other very interesting things with the series (finally!)

nfsucgt2earlygk8.jpg

Video:
YouTube - Need for Speed Undercover Teaser Trailer

===================================================

i just hope it better than Pro street:bang::cry:

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Just like Pro Street, promised the world and delivered nothing.

At least there is some decent eye candy again in Maggie Q. I like the concept, but no doubt it will be poorly delivered.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As above!

Hoping this lives up to the Hype. If its anything like Pro Street, thats the end for that franchise for me.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well its good theyve atleast acklowledged that noone liked the "safe and legal" aspect of pro street and we can go back to ripping burnouts around coppers. It sounds good, so lets just hope they dont **** it up. As Stealthy said, this game is make or break for me on the franchise.

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
Just like Pro Street, promised the world and delivered nothing.

At least there is some decent eye candy again in Maggie Q. I like the concept, but no doubt it will be poorly delivered.

That pro street was an absolute eyesore to me. I'm sticking with the unstable carbon. For now its entertaining and so are Underground 1 and 2.

If EA doesn't catch up its pace with Need For Speed, I'd be going with its arch rival, namely Gran Tourismo.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
So has anybody played this yet? was it better then pro street?, i got most of the recent ones from underground 2 onwards to prostreet which wasnt so good... most wanted n carbon anyday over that... ... looking at getting undercover though :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol @ this game being the make or break. The NFS franchise broke long ago, back with Most Wanted.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yep, amen Morton.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
mmm yeh i loved the nfs series until it let me down lately,
i played that pro street once chrissy day, thats it,

they always seem to talk the talk but neva walk the walk,

hopefully they slap themselves in the head, actually put some effort into this game with no loose ends.

if so it will be a good game,