Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 1.9 rockers with small cam

PWR346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hey guys,

ive already asked mace but they haven't gotten around to it yet but,
i need to know if the mace 1.9 ratio rockers will work with comp cams xr273hr and a set of pac racing 1219's.
The cam is only small lift, and have calculated max lift to be .59/.594 with 1.9 rockers, and the pacs are rated for .625
Im not sure if other problems such as coil bind, or bad geometry will be a problem. Any help would be great.

Cam details here - 54-416-11 - XFI RPM Hydraulic Roller Camshafts

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
is .625
a) the max recommended lift for those springs,
or b) is that the coil bind height?

if A then :thumbsup:
if B then :mad:

apart from that, every thing you are saying sounds alright. I don't know about LS1 geometry though.
from your link, my calc comes up with .595/.5985 valve lift. how did you get yours? (lobe lift X rocker ratio)

PWR346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That would be A- max lift.

I just calculated in on Rocker Arm Lift Change with Ratio Variations , thought it might be somewhat correct. I checked it again and it came up with .597. But its still under .600, im assuming that would be good. i'm just wondering if doing more work on the rocker is going to have an adverse affect else where. If it works out should be a good little combo.