Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Dads Chevs

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I thought i would put a few pictures up of the Chevs my dad has owned (or still owns).

First up is his 1963 Impala. As you can see, it is a 4 door pillarless. It ran a mildy worked 350 with a 2 speed powerglide. I honestly cant remember too many details about this car so ask some questions and ill try to do my best to answer them.

He won a few trophies in various Chev shows around NSW. It won Top Modified at the 2nd Annual Late & Great Chevrolet Show in Kiama in 1999. He has also picked up a few awards for grass driving events and my Mum even won the ladies Go-to-whoa at the South Coast Nationals for which she even got a mention in Street Machine mag.

it was bought as a bog stocker (still with the original 283) in around 1995 from a good family friend who had owned it for around 20 years. My dad was only the 3rd owner and I beleive the car used to belong to the American Embassy. The previous owner was a 'Late Great' era Chev lover and he also owned a 1963 Impala SS 2 door which was fitted with a factory 409. The SS was a fairly rare car and i am not too sure where it is at the moment as it was sold to the owners son-in-law when he passed away.

Dad eventually sold the Impala in around 2001 to another good friend in Mount Victoria who intendeds on passing it down to his grandson. The day he first saw it he said to my dad 'if you ever want to sell it, call me. I'll take it, just tell me the price'. He still has it, still loves it and still shows it at various car shows.

Anyway, enough of the story, here is the pictures. Sorry about the quality, i have had to scan them. I cant find any decent engine bay shots, interior shots or pictures of the boot.

impala001.jpg

impala002.jpg

impala003.jpg

impala004.jpg

impala005.jpg

The green one on the left is the SS 409

impala006.jpg

I will post up some pictures of the Corvette and Camaro soon, hopefully within a week or so.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Very nice,i will try and get a pic of my 66 pontiac pillarless hardtop.350/350/12 bolt with 3.5s.Fast car but hard to stop.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
what model ^^^

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Im a true sucker for impalas ;)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Very nice,i will try and get a pic of my 66 pontiac pillarless hardtop.350/350/12 bolt with 3.5s.Fast car but hard to stop.
haha that was my dads problem. it had 4 wheels drums and my mum still won go-to-whoa in it! plans were on the cards to do a 4 wheel disc conversion but he sold it before it happened

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Sweet ride man... I'd love to own a big block Chev Impala !!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
F*ck yeah!!!

Love the impala's!!

i'm HOPING to buy a 67-69 impala in the next 3 years...

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Ive found another 66 ponty and am in the process of doing a deal.Old guy has had it since it was 12 months old.