Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I thought i might post up a real turbo 6 thats gives most commos a run for their money. This is basically one of the first e series turbo's done about ten years ago. It's on Ford forums but as most people arent signed up pictures cant be veiwed.

Anyways its basically a stock rebuilt motor running a tricked up btr 4 speed auto (on its 2nd one since he's owned it) and a 2700 stall.
It's got 4.11's and a lsd which is being upgraded to a lokka soon as lsd doesnt seem to last long.
Runs nolathane bushes pretty much all round with slotted rotors and ebc green stuff brake pads. Sits on stockies with hubcaps and custom widened rear rims done by Ajax wheels in moorabbin.
Runs 4psi of boost and makes 162rwkw with a big fat load of torque all the way to 5000.It also makes peak power from 2800rpm all the way to 5000rpm so its pulls like a freight train.
Even me being a holden fan must admit having driven this its seriously quick and a ford that has defenitely earned my respect. I've done abit of work personally on this car myself helping turn it into a sleeper. It's also had a bit of weight stripped out of it including sound deadning
A turbo upgrade to a to4z is on the way and 10 psi over 200rwkw and 800-9000nm of torque is expected. Unfortunetly the ecu (EL stock ecu) is limited to around that sort of power and boost. So in future it will be getting an aftermarket ecu.

Anyways Picture time

Note picture one is of kris in granny spec. The rear shot show my skills of a twin 1.5 inch vacuum cleaner exhaust tips (fake) real 3inch dumps just behind rear wheel.

Attachments

• coolerblack.jpg
    coolerblack.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,534
  • gspec.jpg
    gspec.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 2,349
  • carsidegspec.jpg
    carsidegspec.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • rearn.jpg
    rearn.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,377
  • donmineback.jpg
    donmineback.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,471
  • donsmineside.jpg
    donsmineside.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,621

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Classic. i love this thing. any 0-100times or 1/4mile?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
no hasnt been to drags and he doesnt have a gtech. I have to say its not quick to 100 as wheelspin is a major issue hopefully the lokka will help fix this as the lsd tends to change between twin and single pegging (makes it scary to drive too) it was only rebuilt 8 months ago.
i expect it does somewhere around mid to low 13sec quarters

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Oooooh a sleepah! I'm in love :D Love the exhaust work.

My stato needs that front end granny shield ^_^

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yes it does dose very loudly the only thing that gives it away besides the induction noise. Its great for scaring people wlking along, drive past give it a bit back off and laugh at people when they go WTF???

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
very nice car your mate has:thumbsup:

thats exactly how i wanted to do up my $600 vl
sleeper gramps with boost
you just cant picture a car looking like that being so powerful

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Oooooh a sleepah! I'm in love :D Love the exhaust work.

My stato needs that front end granny shield ^_^
Thanks i made the exhaust myself his mum wasnt impressed when she found out we cut up the vacuum cleaner from the shed (was used for cleaning the cars) i'm actually quite proud of it we both agree its the best sleeper mod yet
very nice car your mate has:thumbsup:

thats exactly how i wanted to do up my $600 vl
sleeper gramps with boost
you just cant picture a car looking like that being so powerful

Yep so true theyre always good for a laugh

Anyways it seems to have gearbox problems again it llikes chewing up $2500 boxes its on second and now this ones playing up

Last edited: