Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] VE / VF 325kW drone-free sports exhaust components

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
ITEMS: HSV Headers + Cats + Helmhotz Chamber + Sports Silencers for GenIV V8

CONDITION:
Used, not damaged. Silencers need attention due to some initial signs of rust but no problem for immediate fitting.

PRICE:
Feel free to make an offer, cost over $750 to replicate hunting around Gumtree and eBay then employing a reputable fabricator. I would be happy with $400 to clear.

PICK UP INFORMATION:
Pickup from Clontarf Beach, QLD or a courier to most eastern metro locations expect about $50-$100 (heavy items).

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
PayPal, COD, Direct Deposit, Funds Transfer

CONTACT DETAILS:
Email, PM

OTHER INFO:
Replacement headers, cats, X-Force 2.5" mufflers sonic tuned to counter the usual drone of our engine with aftermarket sports exhausts. Bolts up to stock sedan / sportwagon exhaust (ute also with tailpipe extensions / tips) to deliver better performance, sound and fuel economy. Alternatively combine these bits with a good mid-pipe (ebay has Gen-F GTS 2.5" complete catback for under $300) and you have a drone-free front-to-back proven performance system for less than $700.
Up Front:
• 1 3/4 high velocity street headers designed specifically for our car with 4-2-1 mid-throw design for good torque spread, as fitted to E2 R8 HSV, means no alteration to tune required, no extension cables, no concerns with MIL, no complications with AFM or loss of power and economy.
• Guaranteed improvement to stock VE / VF, combine with a better than stock filter box, mid-pipe and tune and expect mid 250kW at the wheels (325kW at the fly).
• Good for > 300rwkW, shines 3000 - 5000 rpm
• HSV cats enhanced with 2.5" dia secondary pipe as extension to throw and matching exhaust port to mate with either stock (2.25") or 2.5" catback.​
Out Rear:
• 2.5" dual port X-Force mufflers fitted with Helmholtz chambers to eliminate drone at its worst (1800 rpm), and reduces the harmonic effect of AFM.​

PICTURES:
IMG_3547.jpg
[video=youtube_share;kUuJi3O85hQ]http://youtu.be/kUuJi3O85hQ[/video]

Headers
IMG_6709.jpg
IMG_6710.jpg
IMG_6714.jpg
Spotlessly clean internals due to exclusive use of e85.

Enhanced HSV Cats
Modified pre-cat pipe for more HP at top end acts as secondary extension vs stock 'torque ring' restrictor.
torque%20ring.jpg

[video=youtube_share;bIrUSP4zaF8]http://youtu.be/bIrUSP4zaF8[/video]

Drone Free Silencers
Have your cake and eat it - sports sound on the outside with no drone in the cabin.
IMG_6672a.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6735.jpg

*Shiny arsehat tips not included.

Here's what it sounds like with a 2.5" X-Force mid-pipe (BTW this is the 'Loud' version catback with 12" mid muffler).

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
That's a nice system you have there, the videos really show it off.

With all the work you've done to make it not drone with the AFM would it be worth putting on a manual or you wouldn't recommend it?

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Why you selling? A lot of effort gone into this

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'll take it for your asking price mate. Send us a PM with bank details. We can work out how to get it to me on the Goldie (near Marble Arch United Station)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Why you selling? A lot of effort gone into this

Yes a lot of thought but totally recommend it on VE/VF for about $750 DIY you will get a proven, well calculated high velocity, high rpm setup designed for good horsepower to at least 300rkw.

Thing is I am interested in more torque, which requires lots of alterations to a perfectly good design. So I built another system around new (yes off-the-shelf) headers and tune, getting used to it right now.

Now I have less mang top end with new setup but I think practically suits a wagon that spends a fair bit of time putting around with a load, less time like Brocky.

Glad someone else will appreciate them too!

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Cool mate, I'm getting a vf ss wagon hopefully soon! Will be chatting with you once I do :)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Pirate - check PMs. I will take them for $400.

Cheers.

EDIT: can't PM you as "you've exceeded your stored private message quota". Can you please PM me to discuss payment and postage.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
All items have been sold, thank you. Please close this thread.

Last edited: