Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Official Photoshop Request Thread

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
What's a Photoshop?
Photoshop is an advanced image editing program, one of many but certainly the most popular. With it people are able to manipulate photographs of practically anything, but for this thread the main focus is cars. Modifications to images can be done such as lowering, tinting, adding body parts, changing colours, changing wheels - the potential is limited only by the "photoshoppers" skill. :w00t:

The idea:

I did a search to see if there was one central place for people to request photoshops of their cars (12+ pages of search results I went through :my:) but I discovered there's not.. just a lot of people throughout the various forums making new threads asking and a few "show off your works" type threads.. that worked OK but I thought for sure there would be more people who wanted stuff done but never knew how to go about asking and making it happen, so I took the initiative and here now there is such a thread! :yeah:

How it could work:
This relies on members helping members.. you would post a picture of your car or similar that you would like to have photoshopped in this thread (bigger pictures are always better), possibly along with pictures of parts you would like added (preferably from the same angle if possible, again this is to make things easier), the artists would then edit the pictures and repost them in the thread or via private message or something.

I know for a fact this community has a lot of skilled members who are prepared to help each other out, and if someone does help you out it with a photoshop it would only be fair I guess to click on the scales (
reputation.gif
) and rep them, or just say thanks or something :thumbsup:

So go on.. if you want anything photoshopped (also known as 'chopped) then feel free to post, even if it's something small or a complete top to bottom.. at the very least I'll help out :p And it's also recommended that you download the pictures to your computer and repost them in your respective thread in the "My Ride" forum or do whatever you want, as I imagine after a while the photoshoppers accounts will be full and they won't be able to upload unless they remove some files.

Tip: With wheels you can get the best results if you post a picture of the wheels on another car, as if it's from a catalog or on its own then the brakes have to be added.

Last edited:

Kingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
This could work well.
The easiest way to do it IMO is to get pictures of stocko commodores from all models from different angles and pictures of different parts, rims, kits etc.
Coz my stocko VS will look the same as anyone elses stocko VS etc.
Then you got a 'database' of stocko cars, and parts.. slap em together, bobs your uncle.

The biggest problem is proportions, shading etc.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C

Flak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hi guys. I'm new to all this and am a bit of a noob when it comes to photoshop. If i was to post up some shots of my car, are u guys able to put on some VZ HSV Senator Rims for me?? They are multi-spoke and slightly concave. I'm thinking of getting them for my next car (stato) in a couple of years, but would love to see what they looked like on my VL.
Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from u. P.S. If you've got time, a gold respray might be nice ;)

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Sure, post the pics and i'll have a bash. :)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ok fellas i got one ya. i wanna see what a skyline gtr carbonfibre lip would look on the front of my sv6.
some nice little vents or slots in the lip would be nice. but nothing over the top.

P1140116 edit.JPG

i got a million other photos if this is a bad angle. but i realy like this photo.

cheers

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
hey could someone please chopp the cv8 rims onto my car ?
thanks guys if u need different photos just giv us a shout 1st 2 i could find
thanks gain!!

Attachments

• cv8.jpg
    cv8.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 788
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 705

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
just a hint to everyone, when your asking for rims etc put on your car, try and get the same angle as the picture of your car, makes it look more realistic and all together better. and as for the bodykit one naf33n do you have a pic of it which you want on your car?